Chpt 20

"Sirius," I croaked, my throat sore, apparently I had been screaming here as well.

Everyone in the room sighed, looks like I wasn't the only one feeling relieved, I looked down at my hands, they were bloody and I could see right through the left, the right being torn and dripping blood, the bites from Nagini still pumping venom around my body,I could also feel a number of bruises forming on my arms and legs where someone had been holding me down and by the looks of the room I had thrashed enough to warrant a broken cabinet, two smashed chairs and a lot of pottery on the floor. That and I was being magically restrained by Dumbledore, who was leaning on the table looking very exhausted.

"We have to sort out your hands." Lupin said in a hushed tone, but as he leant down Sirius fell to the ground, I broke the spell holding me down and ignoring my bleeding hands, rushed to my fallen lover.

"No! Voldemort stop it! Stop hurting him!" I screamed at the ceiling, shaking Sirius's writhing body with my ravaged hands. "Please," I whispered, red tears streaming down my face, I steeled my mind against what I was seeing and the pain in my hands and relaxed myself into the otherness. "Voldemort stop this now," I spoke the words deliberately, pulling out my wand, ready for any conflict. "Why, Robyn? Please, explain to me why I should spare this mans' life?" He had an ugly smile playing upon his lips, Sirius was floating in mid-air, hands scrambling around his throat, feet thrashing.

"Why would I answer that when I know you will kill him no matter the answer I give you?" I sighed deeply. "Voldemort...Tom..." I knew what I had to do.

I knelt before him, tears still streaming down my face, if it would save Sirius then so be it and even as I crouched there I could see Sirius’ body fade and vanish back into reality. I was stuck though, stuck in a hold that I couldn’t worm myself out of, he wasn't going to let me go again, not willingly at least. Voldemort suddenly had one hand on my hair and lifted me harshly to my feet, wand still in hand. I knew it would work. He cared far more about me belonging to him, about me submitting to him, than killing Sirius.

I let him toss me back onto the ground as my eyes leaked tears, landing on my hands and knees. I turned so that I was looking back up at him and watched as his foot struck my ribcage like a lead ball.

“If this is the only way you will learn then so be it.” He told me quietly. I whimpered pathetically as he used the Cruciatus Curse again and my body burned, not only with the spell but now with Nagini’s poison that was pumping closer and closer to my vital organs. 

“You’re going to kill me.” I whispered weakly and he smirked.

“Hardly.” He moved his leg and I realised his target. I rolled; it took all my energy to avoid his heel that had been directed towards my left hand. I swung my leg and knocked him over. I felt his hold on me slip. I focused quickly and   with all that was left in me, crushed what force was holding me there and felt the bittersweet sting of reality hit me.