☆彡

8
i wanna find my own happiness too
☆*:.。.☆彡.。.:*☆

a month passes by in what seems like an instant.

jeno and jaemin were still not on good terms. renjun, jisung, mark, chenle, and donghyuck still don't want to talk to jeno, and lucas is still pestering jeno to join the basketball team.

a month passes by and yet nothing has changed.

and maybe it was because jeno was being stubborn, or that he was anxious. maybe it was cause he wanted to let go of his past and focus on his present.

but that didn't mean he was over jaemin. not at all. you'd think that after a month or so of no proper interaction you'd be able to move on from someone, right?

well not jeno.

"do you ever just sit and think..?" yeeun asks while she picks at the grass on the ground, jeno watching her hands with his lips pursed before he speaks.

"no." he answers, but he knows it's a lie. "i don't think. i just sit and stare at the nearest wall. why?" jeno's eyes move up to yeeun's face that of which has a sour look on it.

she scoffs and rolls her own, tiny blades of grass between her fingers. "you don't always have to be edgy and emo about this, you know that, right?"

jeno bites his inner cheeks.

she was right.

all he had been doing recently is moping over jaemin. how he was never batting an eyelash at him, how he was always with that dejun kid.

that's all his mind was. all he could do was think.

today he thought he could clear his head with yeeun on the soccer field, but he was wrong. for even when he was staring at nothing but the sky, painful memories of jaemin would come rushing in.

they were so many of them. so many things he could think of by staring at the sky. the sky that of which was the color when he and jaemin were walking to the 7/11 and swatting a bee out of his face, or copying him when he walked.

a small laugh escapes his lips causing yeeun to look at him with confusion written all over her face. "hello? earth to dork?" she pushes his forehead back forcefully with her finger causing jeno to fall back onto the grass.

"hello." he greets, his thoughts of jaemin going over his head now as he tried to focus on yeeun. the girl with short blonde hair sighs.

"jeno, i get you're sad over jaemin." she begins while she lays her head down on jeno's stomach. "but you either gotta one, stop being sad over it, get him to want to hear your explanation, and be all kissy kiss with him, or two, get over it."

for a small moment, it was silent. the only thing that could be heard was jeno and yeeun's small breaths along with the feeling of jeno's heart beating out of his chest along the back of yeeun's head.

when yeeun opens her mouth to speak, her eyes are met up with dark chocolate ones. words getting stuck in her throat. "jaemin?" she questions and the young boy's knuckles turn white.

jeno on the other hand nearly chokes when he sees his figure towering over them with a manila folder in his hands. jaemin immediately drops it over yeeun's face while grumbling a small, "lucas wanted me to give this to you. it's about basketball."