•~•9•~•

When we got to the stop, Miss Peregrine and James got out of the train and started walking towards a forest, Miss Peregrine finally let me out of her pocket. As we passed trees of all sorts, I noticed an old house in the distance. It looked older than anything I've ever seen before, it had much different architecture than the houses I've been in as well. "Right," Miss P said. "We're here." She held me in her hands as we passed threw an old rock formation not far from the old house. There was a slight dizziness when we came out the other side...how very strange. I looked over to see the old house, but this time it look brand new. It was beautiful. "Alma?" Called a voice, it was Miss Avocet. "Esmerelda, we have a problem." Miss Peregrine said as she ran over to the old woman. She held out her hands and presented me. "Oh my..." Miss Avocet said under her breath. She took me in her slightly frigid hands and brought me inside. James and Miss Peregrine followed.
She sat down in a rocking chair and rapped me in a hand towel. "What exactly happened?" She asked. "We were flying at the beach when she was hit by a rock," Miss Peregrine paused. "On the island, there was a wight." Miss Avocet gasped. "She pushes me out of the way before I was hit." Miss Peregrine glanced at the floor. "Obviously when I had the proper tools, I disposed of the wight...but the damage was done." Miss Avocet nodded. "Alma, please get the pipette out of the cabinet." Miss Peregrine walked over and brought the little tool back to her elder. Miss Avocet reached over to the side table and grabbed a small bottle of blue liquid. She stuck the pipette into the bottle and watched as the liquid was sucked into it. "Drink this." She said as she placed the tube into my beak. It tasted strange. "That should do it." She said as all the liquid disappeared. I chirped at her as a thank you. "Alma grab the towel." Miss Avocet said. Miss Peregrine held the towel as I hopped behind it. Sure enough, I turned back into my human form.
"I think I'll stay like this for a while." I chuckled as I put my dress on. "I think that's a splendid idea Miss Williams." Miss Peregrine said with a little relief. I looked over at James, he was starring at me. "James, are you alright?" I asked. He nodded, blushing a little. He was cute.

Later, we thanked Miss Avocet for her help and headed home.