Chapter 6: Cookies!

I spent a good bit of time on this chapter! I hope you guys like it!

And before anyone asks Yes I will be updating again tomorrow!

I update every Monday and Thursday!

AND THANKS FOR THE 2.78K READS!!!! Love you guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment your opinion!

*Laurel's POV*

Well it was about 2 in the afternoon and Mom and Mikael had just called to tell me that they were getting ready to go visit the new neighbors.

I got up and walked to the front door of the guest house, "Well time to meet these freaking neighbors."

Sammy looked at me, "Laurel they could be nice people for all you know. Don't be a bitch."

And with that I flipped him the bird and started walking towards the main house.

When I walked through the back door I smelled cookies and cake.

"Mom did you really cook for these people?"

"Yes Laurel I did. I'm wanting them to feel welcome."

I just rolled my eyes and we headed out the door and started our walk to the neighbor's house.

We got to the front door, rung the doorbell and a lady answered.

She was about 5 foot 2 with dark brown hair and I have to admit she was actually very pretty.

My mom was the first to speak, "Hi we are the McKinney family. We live next door and we were wanting to welcome you to the neighborhood. My name is Errica, this is my husband Mikael and my daughter Laurel."

"Well thank you so much! I'm Nina. This is very nice of you. Please come in and have a seat."

We walked in and sat on the couch and my mom sat the cake and cookies on the coffee table while the lady went to get her family.

She came back with who I guess was her husband and a girl and a boy.

I thought mom said they had three kids.....

"This is my husband Patrick, our daughter Mia and our youngest son Stewart. Our other son, Nate, lives in the guest house and didn't pick up the phone there so I guess he is in his studio."

My mom introduced all of us again, "We brought you guys some sweets. I hope no one is allergic to anything."

"Oh no ma'am thank you so much! My son Nate will love these cookies."

And that of course is when my mom volunteered me to take some of the cookies to Nate, "Laurel why don't you take a few cookies to Nate."

I smiled trying not to look too much of a bitch, "Okay."

I grabbed the plate of cookies and made my way to the guest house.

I walked up to the door of the guest house and knocked on the door.

No answer.

I rang the doorbell.

Still no answer.

I decided to open the door and just walk in, "Hello! Is anyone here?"

I didn't here an answer so I walked in and I heard faint music coming from the basement.

I walked down the stairs to the basement and when I got to the bottom of the stairs there was a door to the right and that was where the music was coming from.

I opened the door and there was no one in the first room which was full of screens and panels but when I looked through the glass window there was a guy rapping into a mic in the next room.

He was starting to wrap up and I pushed the over-call button, "You sounded pretty good."

He jumped and dropped his headphones.

He picked up his headphones and walked into the room I was in.

"Thanks and I don't mean to be rude but who are you?"

"I'm Laurel. I'm your neighbor."

"Okay well I'm Nate and can I ask why you are holding a plate of cookies?"

"My mom and your mom thought I should bring you some. It's a welcome to the neighborhood kind of thing."

"Okay well thanks. Would you like to go upstairs and have some with me?"

"Sure."

I followed him up the stairs and into the kitchen.

"You can have a seat in one of those stools if you want. Do you want anything to drink?"

"Sure. Can I have some water?"

He nodded and poured me a glass of water, "Here you go. I'll be right back."

He walked off and I took a sip of water and then took a bite out of a cookie.

He walked back into the kitchen shirtless with another shirt in his hand and I almost choked on my cookie.

He had a nice ass body. I mean DAMN! He had tattoos and he pretty much looked like he was sculpted by the Gods!

"So we're neighbors?"

I gathered my thoughts, "Yeah. Where did you move from?"

"Birmingham, Alabama."

"Oh that's cool."

"Yeah I guess. So Laurel tell me a little about yourself. I mean if you don't mind."

"Well Nate, I'm 17. In about 4 days I will be a senior at Westside High School. I like to have fun and I throw some pretty kick ass parties. Now Nate you tell me a little about yourself."

"Well I'm also 17 and I will also be a senior at Westside High School in 4 days. I love music. I record my own stuff and I've honestly never been to a single party in my life."

My jaw dropped, "Well you are definitely coming to my back to school party in 2 days!"

"I'll have to see if it's alright with my mom but I'd love to!"

I smiled, "You wanna know something Nate?"

He looked at me, "Sure."

"When my mom told me that I had to come over here and welcome you guys I honestly dreaded it. But I'm glad I did."

Nate just smiled and I got up and was walking towards the door, "And Nate" I said as I turned to look at him.

"Yeah Laurel?"

I smiled, "You're pretty damn hot."

I winked at him and then walked out and went through the trees to my guest house.

*Nate's POV*

Well damn....

That honestly went better than I thought.

Not only did I get free cookies and invited to a party but I met one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.

I kind of want to get to know Laurel.

I went into the kitchen and got a cookie.

When I moved the plate a piece of paper fell on the floor.

I picked it up and it read; "Text me ;) 402-555-8712 xoxo Laurel"

I smiled to myself.

Maybe living here could be a good thing.

I waited about a hour and a half until I texted her.

Me: Hi Laurel. It's Nate.

I saw that she read it but I got no response.

I put my phone down on the coffee table and sat on the couch and turned on Family Guy.

About 15 minutes later my phone buzzed.

Laurel: Hey Hottie ;)