Chapter 21: I'm Not Like The Others

THERES A BIG FIGHT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!

__________________________

Nate's POV

It's 5:30 now so I decide to get ready.

I went up and took a shower.

I got out and went to my closet.

I decided to go with some khaki skinny jeans, a black long sleeve button up shirt and a pair on white chucks.

After I got dressed I brushed my teeth and did my hair.

I sprayed a little cologne and headed down stairs to see what Sammy was up to.

When I Got down stairs Sammy looked over at me, "Damn little cuz you look fresh!"

"Thanks. Are you gonna be here when I get back?"

"Nah. I've got a busy night ahead of me..... So when the date is over just send me a quick text."

"Sure thing."

I got my phone and keys and headed out the door.

Laurel's POV

Cara and I got home about 45 minutes ago and I've already done my hair and make up.

I walked over to my bed and looked through the bags at all the things Cara and I had bought.

I finally found what I bought to wear tonight.

I bought white crop top, a black skirt with a gold and white design and a pair of black heels.

I finally made my way down stairs and walked into the living room where Cara was at.

"Damn Laurel you look HOT!!!"

"Do I really?"

"Hell yeah you do!"

I smiled.

"Are you nervous?"

"Hell yes I'm nervous! I have no idea what so ever who the fuck this guy is! Hell I don't even know that it's a guy."

"I'm sure you'll be alright."

"I hope so."

I grabbed my keys, phone and my black jacket and left.

Nate's POV

I've been sitting here at the restaurant for about 10 minutes and then I see Laurel come through the back double doors.

I'm so scared the once she sees it's me that she'll leave.

I cleared my throat and stood up, "Hey Laurel.'

She walks over with an unsure look on her face, "It was you?"

I nod.

"Why didn't you just send me a text?"

"Well to be honest you just started talking to me again and I was afraid that if you knew it was me you would so no."

"Oh...."

I looked down at the table, "Are you gonna stay?"

She looked at me,smile and sat down.

I swear when she sat down my heart skipped a few beats.

The waiter came out and got our drink orders and then Laurel looked over at me, "So why did you make reservations at a restaurant when you could have just come over to the house?"

"Well if we're in public you can't scream at me...."

"What do you mean?"

"I have something to tell you Laurel."

"Okay?"

I don't know why I'm so nervous but I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Well I asked you on this date to have some one on one time with you and to tell you that I like you and I want to get to know you."

It was quiet for a few minutes then she finally spoke, "Well what do you want to know?"

"Anything you're willing to tell me."

She told me about her birth father, her trust issues and then we got onto the subject of Gilinsky, "Honestly we started out just hooking up every now and then and now he's become pretty protective over me."

"Oh."

"See Nate that's why nothing can ever happen between us..."

"Why?"

"Because Nate this whole time I've told you all this horrible stuff about me you just sat there... You didn't say a word and you didn't get up."

"Is that such a bad thing?"

"No but it means that you're different..... And in all honesty I have feelings for you but I haven't figured out just what they are yet."

"See Laurel I am different. I'm not gonna leave like your father, I'm not gonna do things behind your back and I'm not like Gilinsky... I don't like you for the sex.... I like you because you're beautiful, kind at times, you speak your mind, you're not afraid to stand up for yourself and when no one else is paying attention I see the sweet smile you show for a split second. I like you Laurel and I want to get to know you."

The waiter brought out our dessert and we sat there and ate in silence.

Laurel's POV

I'm glad the waiter came when he did because I didn't know what to say to Nate.

We finished our desserts and the waiter came by and Nate paid for our dinner and then he stood up, "I guess I'll let you think everything over."

He bent down and gave me a kiss on the cheek and then walked to his car.

I sat there for another 30 minutes just thinking everything over.

I've never had anyone treat me like that.

Guys have always treated me like a piece of meat....

Nate really is different.

Nate's POV

When I got out to my car I decided I would go to the nearest store and buy some roses.

I hope Laurel thinks about what I said.

I meant every word of it.

I wanna take her on another date but this time ask her and her know it's me.

Laurel's POV

I got in my car and drove home.

I walked up to my front door and saw roses.

3 dozen to be exact.

I picked the roses up and went inside.

I sat the roses on the living room table and opened the card that was attached.

The card read:
I'm not like the others.
Nate