The siege

Her eyes screamed help, So I ran to her, she was with two others a little boy and girl, "please hide us" she coughed, "why what's wrong?", "their coming, all of them, please hide us...." And then she fainted.... "Someone get a medic!" I yelled, moments later Kenzie and a medic ran over, "what's wrong with her?" Asked the medic, "she's been shot, I think they're coming", "who?" Said Kenzie, "them" I pointed down the Tarmac, and we both saw them coming, "I'll get the alarm, you get everything ready", "Kay" said Kenzie before she ran off towards the plane, I saw Kenzie run off into the distance and couldn't help but think, I should have tried for that months ago... In the control tower we watched them shambling over the Tarmac towards us, limbering, slumbering, pacing, pumping like they meant business, which they did of course they meant to kill us for our stuff, he first shot was fired and I saw one of them go down, but that just made the others run faster. I shouted to Kenzie to give me a gun and I held out my hand not looking at what she gave me, until I felt the weight of the thing, I turned around to see her smiling and say, "you can do this, can't you?", it was a rocket launcher... "Whatttt.... The fuck?! I ant use that!","Sure you can Fraser!". I yanked it over to the window to see now there were lots of dead zombies on the Tarmac and now they scavengers were coming in cars, I aimed in front of the leading car, took a deep breath, "don't miss, or I'll never talk to you again!", Kenzie's idea of humour... I let out the breath and pull back on the trigger, then the impact shook me, it threw me off balance and I stumbled but cam caught me, "watch it haha", said cam blatantly, the blast was louder than the jet engine that powered the lights here, all I saw was a trail of smoke, and then a huge explosion, which made the car turn black, rise up and collapse to a halt, a fireball rose and it looked like all those explosion from World War Two I saw in history class, then I grabbed a rifle and opened fire on the other trucks. "Great hit, guess I can talk to you after all" ," fucking hell though that bang!" Kenzie reloaded her machine gun and kept firing, I did the same with my rifle. By the time the firing stopped no cars were moving, there was a giant black hole in the middle of the runway, and there were hundreds of dead bodies everywhere on each side... I looked down below to see people everywhere dead. I looked around and saw no one, where'd they all go? I turned around and clambered down the steps onto the ground, I looked up at the sky, it was late afternoon, the smell of death was all around I checked lots of the people all around, all of them were dead, I saw liv lying outstretched with a pistol in hand blood slowly pouring from her breast, she'd been shot with deadly accuracy right through the heart... I looked for anyone, anyone at all, I shouted, but no reply, I was to be alone once more in this dark world, I fell to my knees and closed my eyes, and thought of Kenzie, poor Kenzie, did she die too? What about cam? All of a sudden livs eyes fluttered open, and she mumbled something, I came closer to hear what she was trying to say, and then she grabbed me and tried to bite me, she was turning... I had to kill her, fast, I pulled the trigger and hoped for the best, a shot rang out, liv fell for a second time, and once again it was quiet, I better get out of here, but where? Can't go back to the city, too dangerous, can't go north to the sea, can't go south to the stadium, apparently that's where most of the howlers are, according to what one of Justine's scout reported, so it was further west away from here towards the marshes from where the enemy came from, I vaulted over a blockade, sprinted past a zombie that lay silently, past a small car, and off the Tarmac. I looked behind me one last time, just to check, but now all I could see were my dead friends coming back, turned by the disease, I saw Justine this time bump into the blockade I had jumped over, I fled, trying to forget, to run away from all this tragedy, this horror. But as much as I tried to push away the thoughts of my dead friends more filed my head so I just kept running, through the marshes, in hope of a safe place to rest, to forget. Now, I'm alone, I'm no longer human, I'm something much worse, I'm a human turned dark by so much death, I have seen worse things than you could imagine, I Am alone, I am dark, I am gone, I, am a lone wolf....