Lone wolf....

The vast screams of silence filled my mind, I kept telling myself I couldn't stop, I had to survive... I fumbled over what looked like a body, I was so tired, but I had to survive, so In need of rest, but I had to.... What? Why? What's the point? I knelt in the mud of the marshlands, cold and eerie, like a still breeze, carrying the souls of the dead back home to rest, I however could not rest, because I am alive, they, are not. I rose to find a wolf on top of a downed helicopter, it stared at me, probably wondering what I was doing, and why I was trespassing. It growled but then leaped down off the helicopter, and lay down quite close to me, it just lay there for a while, I watching it, it watching me, I thought back to when my mother used to watch me, as a mother should, my mother was a kind gentle lady, she was a doctor when this all went down, I think she was on her way to pick me up actually, but I don't think she made it, the wolf suddenly perked up, so did I, I heard a rustle from the bushes, and out sprang a girl, not much younger than me, actually she looked about the same age as me, the wolf scampered off into the mist, leaving me and her alone, she noticed the helicopter, and said, "Who are you?" She had an American accent, "I'm Fraser, who are you? And why do you look scared?", "didn't you hear? The undead, there closing in on the city, forcing us all back" ,"bullshit, they're zombies not frickin humans they can't think like that" I said desperately, she walked slowly over to the helicopter, "hey believe what you want, but I know for a fact they ain't stopping here, they're about a quarter mile behind me, about a hundred of them, there are bound to be more, I'm gonna go into the city to try make a last stand with the survivors, you coming?" , "yeah I guess so, what's in the helicopter?" ," nothing good I can see". I hopped out of the mud and into the helicopter, a rusted metal carcass of a powerful metal bird, "there's always something" I said eagerly, and sure enough I opened the storage hatch to find a flamethrower and two grenades, "sick!" She said, "by the way, the names kelli". Through the marshes we stomped, and came out near the shopping district, not a zombie in sight, though up ahead I did happen to see something, I heard gunshots and saw something explode, "come on!" I said to kelli, she carried a big baseball bat with huge nails sticking out of it. Down the street we heard screaming, gunshots and a familiar voice, a voice that I knew all to well. "KENZIE! CAM! Are you there?!".