one

"We broke up," Mew said, heaving a sigh. He raked his hand through his hair, casting his gaze downwards. He couldn't understand why none of his relationships ever worked out.

He was an attentive lover, yet knew when not to bother them and to give them space. He made sure to treasure them; taking them out on dates, being there for them when they needed him, and going far and beyond in order to make them happy.

Yet they always, always would find one thing about him they didn't like before ending things. No matter how hard he tried, or plea, it seemed as though he could never truly make anyone happy and content.

"Why?" Gun asked, sitting down on Off's lap, and sending a concerned gaze towards his friend.

He had hoped Jeed would be the one for Mew. She was beautiful, mature, and seemed just fine being with Mew. So it was a wonder why the two would suddenly break up. It wasn't in Mew's nature to fall out of love first, either. So he doubted his friend ended the relationship.

"She said she found someone else, and that she had been seeing him behind my back for nearly a month now."

"Shiaa," Off cursed, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's waist. Before he could say anything else, Gun placed a hand on his mouth, as though he knew his boyfriend was about to say something stupid.

"And?" The smaller boy asked, "How are you holding up?"

Mew shrugged, "I don't know at this point. I don't understand why all my relationships always fail. Am I that unlovable?"

Off and Gun exchanged glances, knowing Mew wasn't in the right mind to listen to whatever they had to say. Getting through to him was hell whenever he was angry or sulking. They let out a silent breath of relief when they saw Kaownah and Mild walking towards them, Gulf not too far behind them.

If there was one person who could get through Mew, it was Gulf. They didn't understand why or how, but the younger boy just had that sort of affect on their friend.

"Hey!" Mild cheered happily, raising his brows with weariness when he saw the deep frown on Mew's face. He quickly looked back and pushed the unexpected Gulf onto the chair next to Mew, and proceeded to sit next to Off and Gun. Kaownah also took it as a cue and sat next to Mild.

Gulf furrowed his brows at their actions and turned to Mew. He straightened his lips into a tight line, and looked back at Gun who motioned a heart being broken. He gulped, knowing what Gun was referring to; Jeed and Mew broke up, and now he was sulking.

It felt wrong, but once again, he found himself slightly happy about Mew being single once again. Really, he was foolish for repeating the same mistake of being happy about Mew being single, and then having his heart shattered the next moment when the senior moved on.

He should stop. He needed to stop. Because one day Mew would find someone to take on his last name, and Gulf would be left alone with nothing more than regrets and pain of not having his love returned.

He reached out, placing a gentle touch on Mew's back, "You okay?"

Mew glanced up, feeling a sense of comfort at Gulf's subtle gesture. The younger boy wasn't one to truly show his concern upfront like he was doing now. He reached out, wrapping his arms around Gulf's waist and leaning his forehead against his shoulder.

The others turned to each other, starting their own conversation and leaving the two to have a discussion of their own. They knew better than to try to enter the conversation. Mew and Gulf liked to forget there existed other people whenever they were in each other's presence.