016 | A Needed Search

Y/N's POV:

"Y/N, I'm taking you to Zero; he doesn't have lessons right now because of something that happened." I looked up after I opened my eyes and saw Aidoh looking at me. "Why do I need to go to Zero?" I questioned not understanding a thing. "Orders from Lord Kaname; he thinks you might need some rest, away from all the drama that has been created these few weeks." I nodded and followed without complaining.

Aidoh knocked on a door that was placed into the wall of a little, round tower. "No one is home, leave!" You heard a voice growl. "It's Aidoh; you need to do something for Lord Kaname! You owe him one!" Footsteps stormed to the door, opening it and showing an angry Zero behind it. "I don't owe him anything since I never asked!" He looked down to see me hiding behind Aidoh. "What is this supposed to mean?" "You need to look after Y/N for today; make her feel at home, and don't be mean to her."

I pushed Aidoh away. "He means that you should just be yourself and not change a single bit." He looked at me with an expressionless face and then snickered, turning around and waving his head, pointing out that I should come in. So I said goodbye to Aidoh and ran after Zero before I closed the door with my mind. I slowly began to learn my mind powers, not just for violent use but for those little things like closing doors or giving things to others out of my reach—mostly just being lazy!

Kaname's POV:

"I don't know if this is true, but the feeling I had when I read it makes me think this is exactly where she came from." Kain looked up from an old book about vampire history after I walked in. "Even if it's just a little, tell me," I stated while waiting for him to look at the book. "I don't think you will be happy with this Lord Kaname." "Please tell."

"Once upon a time, there was a pureblood vampire who found her pureblood mate; her life was perfect. She even got pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful daughter called Kira. Nothing in her life was terrible; everything was perfect, until one miserable day.
A pair of vampire hunters killed her mate, making her furious and forgetting about everything since she lost the only thing that caused her happiness. It killed everything inside her; some say she turned crazy and wanted revenge.
Before she did, she erased Kira's memory at 4 years old, made her human, and laid her in front of a door, acting as if nothing happened. She just disappeared and was never heard from again.
The pureblood then killed the hunter's family, who had killed her mate, before disappearing.

Everything that Kain said made sense: Y/N was an orphan found on a doorstep; she was a pureblood vampire and probably turned human to hide until she was ready. "What was the pureblood's name?"

"Shizuka Hio."

Y/N's POV:

"What are you doing?" I asked while looking from behind Zero's waist. "Cooking." He answered quickly and sharply. "Then what are you cooking?" "Sukiyaki." I sighed and sat down, looking around to see a little box with those blood tablets I had been shown earlier. Was Zero a vampire? But he isn't drinking any since he only drinks water; maybe he doesn't fancy them! I can give him the present Kaname gave me so I wasn't hungry throughout the day!
"Zero, I have a present for you; it was given to me as one, but maybe you would like some too!" I stood up and opened my bag with ice blocks to keep the bag cold and fresh.

"Here!" I threw the blood bag into his face and looked at him, hoping he liked it. After seeing the bag, he looked at me, perplexed and almost panicked."What is this?! How do you know?!" "Know what? that you're like me? I saw the blood tablets, but since you didn't drink them, I assumed you didn't like them."
"It's something different. But thank you, I guess." He stated as he was still unsure of what had just occurred. He opened the bag and gave me a glass full of it, just like he did for himself before he closed it again and laid it down in the freezer.

"I don't know why they wanted you to look after me, but thank you; you are nice." I smiled while drinking the glass down in less than a second; this was truly so good!

"It's fine, and you're cool too, I guess." He has problems expressing his emotions, no big deal!

"You like that blood, don't you? You drink it down like you haven't in weeks!" He snickered and looked at me with interest. "Kaname said I need more than most since I recently turned or something, and I just find the blood that is given to me amazing!" "You don't use blood tablets?" ''They were never given to me; I have no idea why. Kaname always gave me these bags after my first meal, which took a few weeks, but for the rest, nothing changed."

"Maybe since it took so long for the real feeding, he wants you to catch up a little." That would make a lot of sense, thinking about it! I'd never considered it that way, but Zero is astute.

Zero took a sip of the blood and spat it out immediately. "You drink Kaname's blood regularly?"

Wait, what?