Forgotten Promise

Nøvěmbęř EŕŘøŔ ƏŘrøŕ
Time not available, try again later.

You woke up in cold sweat, breathing heavily as you quickly sat up, wincing at the sudden throbbing pain in your head. You place your hand on your head, trying to calm yourself down from your disturbing sleep. You had gotten another dream of a memory from your best friend. You then slowly blinked and glanced around, a cold twist in your stomach formed when you noticed you were in a well sized bedroom. What scared you is that you knew you had been taken. You tried to think, hoping not to get any form of panic, or maybe not do what you did with Fredderick... is he even alive? You didnt care as you shook your head, standing up and stumbling. You started to shake, tears pricking at your eyes. You felt overwhelmed with emotion, that you had to sit down. You breathed heavily, closing your eyes as tears started to roll down your cheeks.
I'm scared. I don't want to be here
Calm down.
I don't know how!
You won't get hurt.
.....
There you go, wipe your tears.

You slolwy calmed down, wiping your tears away with your sleeve. You stood up and walked to a nearby mirror, staring at yourself. You guess they respect privacy because you still have your hoodie and scarf on. You brought down your hoodie and gasped at the sight. Your hair had darkened, now more dull and had what seemed to be dark streaks of color. It wasn't to noticable. You decide to check your neck and wince, still having the ringed bruises around it. You cover yourself up again with your scarf and hoodie, sighing. You need to get out of here...
But...would anyone care that you're gone? You never really had anyone care except your best friend.
You pause. You stared at yourself in the mirror, silently spacing out at the thought of him. Your best friend. You always thought he wasn't real but then the promise came back like a rock hitting my head

'Never forget me Y/N!'

'I won't, I promise!'

You felt tears threatening again, so you wiped them again. You decide to distract yourself by looking around the dark room. It was nicely detailed to be honest; the bed frame carved with intricate designs, the floor nicely polished with a soft rug, the walls had nice wallpaper and the room was just nicely furnished with even a dresser and vanity. You walked around and noticed a small bookshelf in the corner, your interest peaking. You were gonna check it out but heard a knock, but you froze. You didny answer until a voice spoke. Something about the voice scared you, it wasn't like the one who had the strings or the goop like octopus, but instead it was deep and soft but it had a hint of malice and dark intent.
"Human. Are you awake?"
His voice. It was familiar and decided to answer, not wanting to make him wait too long. "Y-Yeah, I guess..."you murmured.
The door opened and revealed the hooded Skelton that you had seen atleast twice. You tensed up at his face, his eyes dull but it's clear it would spark with thrill. You gulped silently, and he spoke again.
"Before anthing-"
He said and closed the door, making you back up. "I'd like to know-" he said before he suddenly had a sharp bone pointed at you. "What the hell did you do to the boss in the fight?"
He growled at you. Despite his insane grin, you couldnt help but see that he was impressed, it was clear. You spoke, hoping it didnt sound as scared as you were "I can create something called 'memory illusions' and...it was mostly a painful memory" you said, replaying the scene in your head from earlier. He shrugs and the bone disappeared. "Whatever, you're lucky I haven't used you for lv yet due to Boss's orders. Anyway, come on, he wants you to come over. And no funny business with your illusion whatever, I will kill you personally." He threatened and left the room, not bothering to check if you were following. You thought for a second and hastily followed, looking down to cover your face more. You were glad it was cold in here because that way you had a reason to be in a hoodie and scarf. You were silent as you walked with the skeleton and decided to speak. "Y-Your name? I need your name?" You said, hiding your fear. He perked and grinned, making you shudder.
"The name is Dust. What about you human?" He said. You nod. "Just call me N/N (Nickname)" you said, not trusting him with your name. He nods and soon arrived in a huge and tall threshold, and inside was the throne from earlier and....more skeletons. And they saw you, and so did the one sitting on the throne. Dust pushed you into the middle, joining the other skeletons. You take in a breath, not daring to speak before the one on the throne spoke.
"State your name."
He said harshly.
You take in a breath and spoke as confidently you could, but that wavered. "N-N/N.." you said. Hopefully he doesn't know you gave him your nickname. He nods a bit and grinned. That grin struck fear in you, but you held it down.
"Well N/N. My name is Nightmare, welcome to my castle."
he said. You started to think.
So, you're a king with a rather bland taste in your own throne room? Damn.
You smiled a bit under your scarf, shoving your hands in your pockets.
You glanced up at him.
"Why am I here?"you said, a bit of a challenge in your voice. And its clear he noticed it.

"Youre... special, and so, I brought you here to join us. Youd be a powerful ally. You could do whatever you please, and however you please"
He said, making it sound like a deal. You began to think and spoke before thinking.
"What else would I get out of it?"
You said. You shut yourself up before saying anymore. You just gave him an opportunity to convince you, and you really don't want to.

"As much information as you want."
He said. You stopped and stared at him, starting to consider the deal. You remember him saying something earlier before you were knocked out.
"ANY information? Maybe, but I want something if I'm going to join." You say.
He nods, listening to you.

"I will only use illusions for your 'team', if you let me decorate this room." You challenged with a small smirk hidden in your scarf. He seems to think and sigh, a bit irritated.
"Fine. Now that you've agreed, you can meet the others."
He said. You nod a bit and looked at the other skeletons. You counted them and found atleast 7. You shook your head,dismissing your thoughts; they looked familiar now. You couldnt place your finger on it before you paused and looked at Nightmare.
"Wait a damn minute. Is that stupid multiverse theory true?" You said, now blinking repeatedly before you watched them nod in amusement. You held up your finger, left the room, covered your face, and let out a loud ass yell. You then turned around and went back in, some of them seeming to have found it funny. You calmed yourself down and spoke.
"What universe am I from them? And you guys too?" You questioned. Nightmare nodded to the others and then they introduced themselves.
"Dust, from Dusttale."
"Killer. From Killertale"
"Cross, from X tale"
"Raspberry, from Swapfell sweetheart"
Gross.
"E-eeeRrOrr, f-froOom EeRroR t-tAaLe"
"Horror, from Horrortale."
"Tch. Fell, from Underfell."
Edgy much?
You then looked at Nightmare and he seemed to pull out a floating orb, and stared into it. He looked at you.
"Fataltale. . ."
He muttered, almost in a soft hiss. You felt like that was a lie but didnt question it. You take in a deep breath and then perked as you heard someone say.
"Hey Cross, they're like you, hide your faces much?"
Teased Dust to Cross, who seemed unnerved and was quiet. Yeaaaah, you're gonna stick with Cross, the others look completely insane. It was starting to get awkward, and then slowly did finger guns, slowly leaving the room. When you left, you peeked back in "Someone show me to my room-" you chirped, and they laughed. You pouted and just threatened "Shut up or I'm using illusions." You said in a bittersweet way, making them pause and Dust raised his hands in Surrender.
"Fine. Fine. Whatever, I'll guide you" he offered. You did a thumbs up, and soon followed him. You held onto your scarf, walking quietly with Dust.

(The song was just to have a mood set for this lol, also, sorry if it's a bit bad, I kinda rushed to finish this before nightfall lol. Help me, I need coffeeeeeeee. I might add lemon and maybe some drama 👀😔)