Repeating.

Hi- sorry for dying for so long, kinda forgot about this, didnt think it would get 200+ views so oof, so have this.

Y/N POV
It's been a few months since the incident and from when Nightmare took me from the hospital. My health has gotten better but now I have to have someone watch every now and then to make sure I dont do anything like cut myself or even starve myself. I only ever stopped because everyone here cared for me. Like a family. Nightmare was growing a bit more softer lately, laying off on punishing everyone when they did something. He was even tolerating Killer and Horror's bickering and Dust's constant yelling at Fell and Error teasing him. It had grown pretty nice, but I needed to distance myself, so I headed for the center of the castle, into the small courtyard filled with undergrowth and dark flowers. I recognize a few of them, such as Daturas or even a few black roses. I kneeled down in the middle of it wall, probably covered by the hanging vines of the few trees that grew here. Surprisingly, there was a Willow Tree, which was nicely shaded by everything.
I take out my phone and earbuds, surprisingly they work here, and set them in my ears, starting to play music on them. Ironically, Willow Tree started to play, causing a soft chuckle to escape. I close my eyes, relaxing onto the tree, humming along with the song.
It was peaceful before I opened my eyes. Nightmare was standing in front of me, his face close to mine. It took me a moment to realize before I screamed a bit, kicking him back. I had a late reaction and I uh...see him on the ground laughing, amused by me getting scared. It was somewhat irritating, making me punch his arm. "Rude, learn some manners instead of watching me!" I say, annoyed before I soften and give him a hug. He isn't quite used to hugs, so he tensed a bit before hugging back. I was gonna pull away but he kept holding me, so I started to squirm. He muttered something, but I didn't hear it.

Cross POV
I was making my way to the garden because that's where I last saw Y/N heading. It was my time to watch over them, but when I got there I didnt see them, so I went further until-
I saw Y/N squirming from Boss's hug. It was amusing before they took notice of me.
"What happened here?" I asked
"I fell into a trap, I went for a hug and...he's got me, and wont let me go-"
Y/N said, squirming before Night- Boss pulled them closer.
"Mine" Boss muttered, causing Y/N's face to brighten red. I raise my hands "I'm pretty sure you dont need my help." I say in amusement, backing away and turning around to leave.
"Wait Cross noooo! He wont let me go, help meee!" I hear Y/N beg but I merely left with amusement. Y/N and Boss are perfect with eachother, only if Y/N wasn't so blind; Boss even became nicer for their sake and kept trying to woe them.
I have an idea, but I cant believe I'm willing to get the dumbasses to help me.

No one's POV
The day resumed pretty calmly, which made Nightmare quite wary since usually Horror and Killer bicker, and even Dust was quiet. The gang had been planning something for their boss, cause they're a bunch of self shipping sinful sinners [I love this]. YN had taken the day off to Outertale so they could relax, and Cross may had gotten Dream to distract them while they dealt with Nightmare.
The gang surrounded Nightmare and dragged him into his room, since they were being so positive he wasn't as strong yet he kept yelling at them.
Killer smirked "Dont worry boss, we're merely getting you on a date with your queen" he purred. Nightmare just paused, his cheeks starting to glow teal. The gang got Nightmare changed into something nice, a good looking suit that was somewhat similar to his old clothes back in Dreamtale, making memories soar back.

Dream had made friends with Y/N, and apologized for what happened and such- before dragging Y/N off into the Stars' base, getting them changed into nice clothing. "There! Now you get to go on a date with brother!" Dream chirped happily. Y/N's face brightened red, starting to stutter and grow flustered, denying feeling yet their actions say otherwise.
Soon enough, everyone left Y/N and Nightmare in a good and beautiful AU, yet it was quite filled with positivity that Nightmare had grown weaker, his tentacles retracted into his back and his dripping goo had slowed and didn't even cover his nice clothes.
When both of them saw eachother, they were just flustered messes complimenting eachother before Nightmare got the confidence to grab Y/N's hand, starting to walk through this beautiful AU. Floating platforms and pieces of land floated about, despite the small glitches here and there, with staircases leading up to each of them. It was quiet and peaceful, the sky lit up with stars and the sun, the moon on the opposite side. It wasn't too bright yet too dark, just a nice ambience. Nightmare and Y/N made small talk, smiling and laughing with eachother.

The Stars and The Bad Sanses only came to terms just to watch how the date went, whispering and hushing eachother everytime to make sure neither of the lovebirds would notice them. Ink got a bit too excited and puked up paint, but his pinpricks kept changing from a pink heart and an exclamation mark before changing into orange pin pricks. Blue was jumping around, excited with big star pinpricks. Dust kept bickering with Killer to shut up, pointing their weapons at eachother while Error was just watching the date calmly, making a Y/N doll. Fell was getting annoyed, while Horror was just scaring bystanders with his creepy ass grin, but still manages to look good [I love Horror lol].

The date turns out well, and by the end of it, Y/N and Nightmare were laying down on a patch of grass, staring at the sky, Y/N snuggled close to Nightmare. They chatted endlessly before soon enough something clicked between them as they stared at eachother, Nightmare leaning in and kissing Y/N gently, afraid to hurt them like he's hurt many others.