Chapter 13: THEO

Theo's POV

"Hi, Theo!" Genievive surprised me when I saw her in my kitchen, cooking.

I pulled my hair back and bit my cheeks to control my temper.

"Are you stressed? Sit there and do me a favor, relaxed and wait for me to finish this fave of yours, 'kay?"

I didn't speak and nodded. I'm damn tired. Yana slapped me with her words. Why am I an idiot and pissed her?! Fuck!

I sat on my sofa and heaved a sigh. I think I wanted to break myself. Why does it hurt so much? Damn these feelings, I don't want to stop loving her.

"Hey...." Genievive interrupted.

I looked up at her, I watched her walked closer to me, and sat on my lap. She puts her arms on my shoulders and hugged me.

"I got fired," I informed her, whispering.

She gasped and covered her hands on her mouth. I put my tongue inside my cheeks and turned away from her. I'm embarassed how broke I am right now.

"How?"

"Genievive, I don't want to accuse you...do you send that picture of me with Yana? Because my mind is fucked up right now. Do me a favor too and tell me honestly that you didn't do that," I insisted.

Her tears fell on her cheeks. She broke down and my heart was cut into pieces. I hate to watch her crying and desperate.

"I-In my whole life, you're the only man who made me feel special and loved. You know what I had been into and in all of those moments, all I think was you, Theo. I love you badly and yes, intoxicatingly. I'm sorry, I disappoint you."

I squeezed her in my body. I can see myself in Genievive. She loves me and it hurts that we are both in the same situation. We love someone who couldn't love us back. I can't love her if there's a woman who I love so much more than myself. I'm fucking messed up.

"Theo, h-help...."

She pulled our hug. My eyes grew wider when I watched her in loss of breath.

"Genievive, listen to me. Are you okay?"

She stared at me and moaned in pain.

"Fuck! Im going to call for an ambulance! Hang on!"

I put her on the sofa and pulled her hair to make her relaxed. I kissed her on her forehead and called an ambulance on my phone.

"Everything would be okay, Gen. Please, hang on."

***

"What happened to Genievive?!" my mother rushed at me and panicked.

My eyes gazed at my father who was walking beside her. Next thing I knew my head flew backward.

"You're a disgrace to this family! This is the only thing I asked from you, Theo! Ito lamang! At anong klaseng puta ang dinala mo sa pamilyang ito?! Problema?!"

"Yale, stop!" mother screamed.

I faced both of them, leaving my cheeks hurt because of my father's hard punch.

"How's she?" she sobbed.

I clenched my jaw and pointed the room across where we are at.

"She's being examined. She had pains in her chest. I directly went here so the doctors could tend to her."

"Simula nang dumating ka rito sa Pilipinas, wala ka nang ginawang maganda. Anong kahibangan ang pinagkakaabalahan mo rito? Una, pinayagan kitang magtrabaho kahit na hindi nararapat. Pangalawa, pinayagan kita manirahan malayo sa amin ng ina mo.

Pangatlo, kung hindi ka bibisitahin ni Genievive, hindi mo siya makakausap. Isa lang ang hangarin natin kaya tayo bumalik dito sa Pilipinas, ang asikasuhin ang lahat nang naiwan dito at pagkatapos ay bumalik sa Australia para magpakasal kayong dalawa. Ngayon, ito ang igaganti mo sa amin ng ina mo?"

"Yale...we need to get inside."

My father glared at me. Mama went inside leaving us both here. He patted my shoulders and gripped it painfully with his hands. I closed my and clenched my jaw continuously.

"Enough is enough. After this, packed up and we're all going to Australia with Genievive. End your ties to whomever person you are thinking of. Naiintindihan mo ako, Theo?" he remarked seriously.

I nodded forcedly. They left me standing outside, no words could explain how disappointed I am in myself and how much I wanted to defy my parents. What should I do, Yana?