Chapter 9: THEO

Theo's POV

Whatever it takes, I'm taking Yana back. I promised myself that I'll come back for her. Isn't enough for her to wait for me?

"Ms. Luna, can you call Joseph for me and take him with you tonight?"

I was begging. I'm messed up. Someone's interested in Yana. It's my fault. I'm a coward. I'm fucked up.

"Where's Joseph?" Yana asked.

I could see how she hates me. I left her five years ago and I came back five years after. I didn't expect her to jump in excitement when we first saw each other again. I expect her to still love me. Because I continually love her.

I hold her wrist to stop her from leaving. I'm damn ashamed of myself. How could I let her cry last night? How could I let myself hurt her?

"He left you. He's with Luna, my secretary."

"It doesn't mean that I didn't go home with Joseph, it's alright to talk to me again. Will you please leave me alone, Theo?"

"Should I kneel and beg you not to talk to me?"

She's crying again. I wanted to punch myself right now. I don't have the nerves to speak and confess that I still have feelings for her. I think that it's not enough to make her stay with me.

"So, you could leave me alone? Theo, what do you want from me? You already left, remember? I'm asking you to leave me again. Would that benefit both of us?"

I'm not leaving again. I'll take you back, Yana.

"Do you hate me?" I grumbled.

I'm such an idiot. Of course, she hates me. She loathed me.

"Bakit mo pa tinatanong iyan? Hindi ba alam mo na dapat ang sagot diyan noon pa lang? I do hate you, and I will keep on hating you if you still bug me, Theo. Uulitin ko sa 'yo, tapos na tayo...If you can't understand that, wala na akong magagawa. Or better yet, I shall leave you."

I took a step closer to her to make her stay. But she turned her back on me.

"You messed my life five years ago. I won't make that same mistake again," I added.

"I still love you, Yana!" I shouted.

My heart fucking aches when I watched her walked and got inside the elevator...leaving me. I punched my chest and cried. I'm so fucked up.

I swept my tears away and took a deep breath.

"Hindi mo siya hahabulin?"

I looked at the woman who walked nearer. I saw her with Yana a few times. She's a friend of hers.

"Kung mahal mo siya, ipaglaban mo ang nararamdaman mo para sa kanya."

I bit my lip and shook my head. It's already done. I can't take her back. I can't make her love me again.

"Noong dumating ka rito sa kompanya bilang manager, doon ko lang nakitang bothered, kinakabahan, malungkot, at laging nag-iisip si Yana. You still have an effect on her," she continued.

She sat in a swivel chair and crossed her arms. I did what she does. I pulled a swivel chair and took it nearer to the woman.

"Angieline," she introduced herself and extended her hand.

I shook her hand and smiled a bit.

"As I was saying, hindi ko pa naman kilala deeply si Yana. In fact, I answered my questions alone about you and Yana. I didn't know that you have a past. Care to tell me?"