Chapter 12: Kanya Ka Na....

Yana's POV

At eight in the morning, I was summoned by the human resource manager to talk about something I don't know.

I wasn't nervous or anything, but when I saw Theo walking behind me and entering the elevator, I'm starting to get anxious.

"May idea ka ba kung bakit tayo pinatawag? Wala naman akong ginagawa..." I believed.

Theo only shrugged and covered his face with his hands. I titled my head and think about if I've done something wrong since I was hired as an employee. Wala naman...

Nang makalabas kami sa elevator ni Theo, tahimik pa rin siya sa likod. I'm quite amused that he's not talking to me or opening up a conversation. Wait...am I expecting him to talk to me? That's not a good feeling.

"Good morning, Mr. Salazar and Ms. Bartolome. What a pleasant morning to see you both here," the manager began.

My heart started to get faster. I absolutely didn't know what will happen today. Did I really make a mistake?

Naupo ako sa silya sa harap ng desk kung saan ay nakaupo roon ang manager. I gulped and quietly waited for Mr. Ferris to start the discussion.

"To start this, I wanted to consult you or ask about your relationship with each other. Would that be alright?"

I gasped. I looked at Theo and glared at him. This is his fault, not mine! Kung hindi lang siya sumunod sa akin na layuan na ako, this won't be a problem!

My face heated when I eyed Mr. Ferris. Why am I being interrogated about my relationship with this man in front of me? Clearly, we are supposed to be strangers!

"Frankly, there's no relationship going on between us po, Mr. Ferris. Honestly, I was doing my day to day job peacefully," I emphasized.

"Understood. How about you, Mr. Salazar?"

I kept my eyes on Mr. Ferris because he's watching me like a hawk. I haven't experienced being interrogated about such a topic. Seriously?

"Sir, I'm courting Yana," he answered right off the bat.

I was slapped in the face. I felt my face burned. What the heck?

"Sorry, Sir. Pero wala po akong relasyon sa lalaking ito."

"As you two both know, the company wanted the employees to be professional and purely work only. For your information, we received a picture of you, together inside in a hotel room. Would you please explain that?"

My forehead creased. In a hotel, together? In the first place, bakit ba nali-link ako kay Theo? My gosh!

"I visited her, Sir. If there's a problem here, Sir...she's out of this. She's not at fault."

That's right. Wala akong kasalanan sa alin man sa bine-blame nila sa akin. It's all Theo's fault. Kung una pa lang umiwas na siya sa akin.

"Do you agree with this, Ms. Bartolome?"

I nodded confidently.

"If so, then we'll cut this discussion short. Mr. Salazar, we had given you last week about a notice of dismissal specifying the ground for termination."

My jaw fell. I quickly looked at Theo. Hindi ko alam kung makahihinga ako nang maluwag after hearing that.

"With the ground of serious misconduct. The pictures are a threat to the company's image and we are informed that it was posted on the internet. Do you have objections, Mr. Salazar?"

Theo shook his head. He does not react, he's not opposing.

"I'm at fault and I'm voluntarily resigning, Sir."

Mas lalong nanlaki ang mata ko. He's in favor of this?

"But, Sir...I think I'm partly at fault as well," I complained.

I felt Theo patted my hand. I shook my head.

"I can't accept the decision, Sir. If you're going to fire him, fire me na lang din po...."

The manager laughed, amused by my decision. I watched him get serious after.

"Are you aware that Mr. Salazar has a fiancée? I'm sorry, Mr. Salazar for spilling that off," he said to Theo. He faced me and spoke, "We have to accept the decision Ms. Bartolome, or are you serious about voluntarily resigning as well?"

"I'm serious, Sir," I responded without a second thought.

"I guess, that's it. You have a week to change your decision, Ms. Bartolome. Thank you for your time and thank you for the work, Mr. Salazar."

***

"What was that about, Yana? You can't just leave this company. This is my fault," Theo remarked once we exited the office.

Tuluy-tuloy ako sa loob ng elevator. I crossed my arms as Theo followed me inside.

"Let's get this straight, hindi ako nag-decide na umalis sa kompanyang ito ng dahil sa 'yo...it's because of me, and I think I deserve more than this," I responded.

I watched him pressed our department's floor and got quiet after.

"How could you tell the manager na somewhat may relationship tayo? That you're courting me. My gosh, Theo! That's disgusting!"

"Dammit! I still love you! I wanted to show that I haven't given up on my feelings for you. Can't you see that?" he snapped.

I scoffed and laughed a bit. I stepped closer at Theo and held my head high to this tower in front of me. His forehead was furrowed with his jaw clenched. I can't wait to crush his heart.

"Yes, you showed me. But I did saw you too with your fiancée yesterday. How's that being in love with me? You have a fiancée, and it's her right na kanyanin ang dapat ay sa kanya. Kanya ka na, Theo. Let's face the fact, matagal ka nang hindi sa akin."

Once the elevator opened, I exited and instantly looked at Theo again.

"Let's not see each other again, shall we?" I ended and left him behind.

"That will never change the fact that I will continue to hope for us. I love you, Yana," I heard him say before I completely lost myself in my cubicle.

My heart was torn and it's aching so bad. Like I was being the old version of Yana then. Stop melting, Yana. That man doesn't deserve you. That's it.