Chapter 8: Roadshow

"Yana, kailangan ka ni Keira roon!" sigaw sa akin ni Angieline.

We are preparing for our first High Coast Roadshow Series in Cebu. It's actually my first time to come here, I was born in Rizal, and I've never traveled anywhere.

I've realized that I should travel more. I loved it. Booking a hotel room for two days in a different place, eating unfamiliar food, trying new things, and more.

"Kailangan mo raw ako, Keira?" tanong ko nang makalapit ako sa isa sa mga Marketing officer.

We are five here in Cebu, another five flew in Davao, and the other two were on standby in Manila to deal with things there. As for my suggestion at our last meeting, the team decided to do it some other time, focus na lang muna raw rito sa Philippines.

"That's all the list of attendees. I want you to take that and confirm if they will all attend. Contacts were written, call them."

I received the folder and looked at the list. My mouth opened when I found out it's more than a thousand. I'm not complaining but the time is short for me to do this.

"Hindi ba dapat ay ginawa na natin ito kaninang umaga pa lang? I can't do this alone," I objected.

Tiningnan niya ako. She stood up, raising a brow at me. She crossed her arms.

"Will you just do it, Yana? Inutos 'yan sa amin ni Sir Theo, but can't you see? We have so much to do!" she panicked.

I shook my head in disbelief. I nodded forcefully. I watched Keira walked away and instructed the technicals to play the videos that were supposed to be presented later after lunch.

Napahinga ako nang malalim nang tingnan muli ang listahan. Naupo ako sa isang bilog na table na inihanda na namin dito kanina. The venue was pretty much complete. Maaga pa lang ay ni-ready na namin ang lahat.

Sponsors from different prizes, mini-events, and such were all here. Vince and Angieline were organizing the blankets to be used by attendees later sa event because the venue was freezing cold.

I'm wearing a blue printed crop top and white side button wide leg pants matched with my open-toe sandals. I'm also wearing full makeup that was done by Angieline. My hair's in a bun with strands hanging on my forehead.

I started calling the attendees, the marketers, potential customers, speakers that we invited. Mostly sa kanila ay a-attend ng event and already confirmed their attendance through message.

I was doing that for almost an hour, if Vince didn't help me, I can't finish that on time.

"Tapos na?" tanong ni Keira nang ilahad ko sa kanya ang listahan. She looked shocked and embarassed when I nodded.

"Dalawa lang sa marketers and mala-late raw. All our speakers are on their way, including the marketing teams."

She forced a smile before walking away.

"Inggit 'yon sa 'yo, ghurl," Vince began.

He's wearing a black tuxedo and white polo shirt beneath it, partnered with black slacks. He looked like a fashionista right now with his hair in a clean-cut.

"Obvious na obvious naman nga, Yana," singit naman ni Angieline.

She's wearing a black open back fit and flare dress. She looks astounding with her hair in a braid on both sides and sparkling makeup.

"What do you two mean? There's nothing to be insecure about," I explained.

Umupo silang dalawa sa tabi ko. The two were both smirking like I've done something amusing.

"Sige nga, explain mo sa amin ang araw-araw na pagbibigay sa 'yo ni Sir Theo ng lunch?" Vince asked jokingly.

I laughed while shaking my head. "What about it? Iyon lang?"

"Anong 'yon lang? Every day, Yana! Hindi na ako magugulat kung magkakaroon ka ulit ng packed lunchbox mamaya." They both laughed.

Hindi na ako nakapag-explain dahil totoo naman na araw-araw akong binibigyan ni Theo ng lunch. Minsan ay may note pa, saying to enjoy myself with his prepared food. I can't deny that it was all delicious, in fact, I'm always looking forward to eating lunch. The taste was beyond what I could imagine.

I didn't expect him to cook that good like a professional cook. From my experience, I can't even cook rice! That's explainable because I grew up being taken care of. We have a professional one in the house and I didn't bother to learn. Besides, I was a bedridden girl.

I let them giggle and reminisce about the scenario of Theo and me every lunch in almost a month. I let Theo did that because he kept his word. He never bothers me except to give me my lunch. I must admit every time I taste the food, it always warms my heart.

"Si Sir Theo tumatawag!" Keira announced happily.

The five of us sat at the table she was sitting at. Vince and Angieline looked at me suspiciously. I eyed them with a questioning look.

"Good noon, Sir! I'm doing alright here po," Keira cheered, giggling.

I quickly looked away when I heard that. Nakatingin din kasi si Vince at Angieline sa akin na parang hinahanap ang tamang reaksyon sa mukha ko. Wala naman akong pakialam kung nakikipag-flirt si Theo sa mga babae niya. We're not in a relationship. We only have a deal, it doesn't change what our relationship was. Strangers.

"Ahh...hehe. Si Yana po?" napakinggan kong sambit ni Keira sa katawagan.

Napabaling ako. Vince and Angieline's eyes both narrowed, watching me like a hawk. I raised a brow and gave them an innocent look.

"Hindi pa po siya nakakakain ng lunch, Sir. We're busy here po kasi."

"Ganoon po ba. Sige po, sasabihin ko po sa kanya."

I turned my head on Keira. I waited for her to tell me anything but she only left without a word. I blinked repeatedly. What was she supposed to say?

"Hano raw? May sasabihin siya dapat sa 'yo, a. Feelingera kasi," bulong ni Vince malapit sa akin.

They've both had their elbow on the table, propping up their chins. Hindi ba titigil ang dalawang ito? Laging on the watch.

"Yana...tawagan mo si Sir Theo," suggest ni Angieline.

I moved my head backward, stoked by her suggestion. I can't just call that man. It might make his hopes up.

"No. I don't have his number and I won't," mataray kong sagot.

They both sighed at the same time. They looked bored. We're supposed to prepare for the program to start in an hour.

"You know what? We should stand up and double-check everything," I emphasized.

"You're so workaholic. Bigyan mo na ng chance si Papa Theo, kawawa naman....baka maubos na ang pera noon sa pagluluto ng lunch mo," Vince suggested as well.

"It's his choice to cook for me. Kung gusto mo, ikaw na lang ang magbigay ng chance sa kanya," I blurted before going back to work.

I will never give that guy a chance. It's enough that he hurt me in the past, I can't fathom waiting again and being left behind. I had enough.