Comfort - Intruality

Patton can't stop thinking about his fight with Janus and an unlikely side offers them comfort in a unique way.

Ship: Pred!Remus x Prey!Patton

----------------------------------------

Night had finally rolled around and the Sanders' household was starting to grow ever more quiet as time passed. The coming summer made that night seem quite magical, at least for Patton. The moon shined through his window as he stared up at the night sky and its stars to compliment it. He opened the window to try and get some fresh air into his light blue room, but it didn't do him any good as he continued to spiral through the events earlier that day. As much as he didn't want to admit it, Janus was right. He had caused an emotional toll on Thomas by making him do something he could have easily avoided. And now, he had to rethink what it meant to be a good person.

Patton's own lies and beliefs on morality deceived and blinded him to the bigger picture. How could have he been so cruel to Thomas? The thoughts ate up him as he sat on his bed near the window. The growing thought of him even hurting Thomas ached his soul. He knew not to mope around and get stuck in such an endless loop of despair, but it felt so hard to even pick up a square inch of this burden that broke him. Suddenly, he noticed the chilly wind coming from outside the window. He looked up at the moon once more and then the backyard below the bright stars. An urge tugged on him to go outside and calm himself down, at least so he could get some sleep tonight.

Looking up at the clock, Patton noticed the small hand pointing at the three. In no way shape or form did he want to go outside alone at the witching hour, but he so desperately wanted to at least sleep and stop thinking about the events with Janus. Eventually, he decided to just get outside. Maybe his mind would clear up, or maybe he'd be terrified of a giant spider eating him. Whatever happened, either one was bound to get his mind off of Janus and his words. He walked downstairs and through the backyard door. A whiff of the cool breeze and the chilliness on his skin was enough to calm himself to a more grounded state. He sat on the porch wondering to himself. He hoped for some kind of miracle or shooting star would fly by so he could just wish himself out of this situation.

The leaves of the single oak tree in their backyard rustled and swayed as the wind hummed. Stars glowed their beautiful and soft light down onto Patton, giving him some solace that he would be okay. Suddenly, a creak echoed through the porch, making him jump up. Though, he was thankful to learn it was only Remus. He turned to face out to the backyard and sighed, still heavy with thoughts.

"What in the world are you doing at this hour? Are you going out to murder someone? I would love to tag along!" Remus chirped.

"No... I- I just got something on my mind is all. No need to worry, kiddo!"

"Patton, you don't have to lie to me. I can smell intrusive thoughts from a mile away!"

Patton froze up, not exactly sure if he really wanted to reveal what he was thinking. Remus probably already knew anyway since he did represent Thomas' intrusive thoughts. And, as much as it pained him to think about it, telling someone might just make him feel better.

"I was thinking about Janus and uh, what happened today... It's just... he was right about me being wrong about making Thomas go to the wedding. A-And now, I've- I've hurt-"

Patton couldn't take the overwhelming thoughts anymore and simply started to bawl, covering his face with his hands. The tears flowed down all over his face and dropped down to the ground. His sniffles were loud, and it became a bit hard to breathe. Suddenly, surprised flew through him as he felt the touch of Remus' hand on his cold back. Remus then gave him a big hug, wanting to comfort his friend and light side. Patton quickly returned the favor and wrapped his arms around Remus as if he were holding onto the last bit of happiness before it faded away. He cried into Remus' chest, just hoping a shooting star would grant his request and rewind time.