one.

Gilbert Blythe's life was practically perfect.

He was one of the biggest actors of his generation, had a beautiful girlfriend, a ton of friends, almost ten cars, and a big house. He loved his life, in simpler terms.

As of now, he had a big movie in the works. A movie that could get him many awards and show that he is a serious actor. He started on Disney Channel and wants to show he isn't an actor for kid's television.

"Gilbert, how does that sound?" Cory, his manager, asked him.

Gilbert looked at Cory then to the director of this movie. "Sir, I'd love to." He shook his hand and smiled.

"You can mail everything to me, here's my card." He handed the man his card and turned towards Gilbert. "Awesome job, Gil!"

Gilbert hugged him. "Couldn't have done it without ya!" The director left the room and Gilbert let go of him. "Time to celebrate."

Cory grabbed Gilbert's shoulder. "Listen, I don't want a repeat of the Fourth of July. It looks bad on you and even worse on me."

"Oh, Cory, you have such little faith in me, your best client," Gilbert said, holding the door open for him.

"Gilbert, you are my only client," Cory said, rolling his eyes. They started walking towards each other's cars. Cory unlocked his car as Gilbert opened his car door. "Hey," He stopped him. "don't mess this up. Especially now that you have this deal. You can't be seen as an immature kid anymore, Gil."

Gilbert nodded before revving his engine, making Cory flip him off. He watched as Cory drove off, grabbing his phone from his back pocket.

Nessa💘: did u get the part?
gilbert: you know it😎
Nessa💘: YAY! show up at my house at 6:)
gilbert: nes, cory said no repeat of the 4th ok?
Nessa💘: gilly, trust me🥺
gilbert: fine. see ya☺️

Gilbert sighed, he knew his girlfriend wouldn't keep things low-key. Vanessa Burner is known for crazy parties. One time she had a Thanksgiving party with a live turkey. To say it was crazy is an understatement.

He pulled up to his house and parked his car in his big garage. As he stepped into his kitchen, he smelled popcorn and heard his TV blasting. "Hello?"

"Hey, buddy,"  Charlie yelled, turning down the TV. Charlie has been Gilbert's best friend since he got out to Hollywood. He's been one of Gilbert's biggest supporters. "Hear about the party Nessa is throwing you."

He got a handful of popcorn and shoved it in his face. "Yeah."

"Have fun with that. But, hey, congrats on the role man. I knew you would get it." They fist-bumped. "Listen, I'd love to go to this 'banger' Nessa has in mind but you know I'd really hate to go."

"You and me both." Gilbert laughed. "See you tomorrow." He heard Charlie shut the front door and he laid on his couch. He had an hour until he had to be at his girlfriend's. With a sigh, he headed up to his room to get ready.

He stared at the outfit Vanessa picked out for him on his bed, black jeans and a black t-shirt. "Colorful, thanks Nes." He muttered to himself. He walked into his bathroom, which was connected to his room, and looked at himself in the mirror. He was tired and it was obvious to see. He hasn't been sleeping due to stress and business. He ran his long fingers over his dark circles and sighed. He turned his shower on and let the cool water hit him.

This party was the last place he wanted to be if he was being honest. He'd rather spend the night with some close friends at his favorite restaurant, Mario's. But if he didn't go, it'd be a huge fight with Nessa. They've been dating for six months now, on again off again. Gilbert liked her but they were starting to grow apart. She was a party girl, known for her bad attitude and no respect towards authority. She was a singer who had shows you will always remember. Gilbert used to be like that, parties every night that he didn't remember and some fights he forgot he got in. But after an incident on the Fourth of July where he lost his job because of one of her parties, he toned down. Mainly because Cory was breathing down his neck 24/7.  They met through Josie, a mutual friend, at her birthday party. They hooked up and the rest is history.