Up to the Ending

"Kaminari?" Shinsou's voice feels far off, not his own as he speaks. It comes out much softer and more unsure than he had anticipated.

The blond boy is stood before him, only meters away, his silhouette illuminated by the pale moonlight. He stands stock still, his disheveled hair and wrinkled clothing the only movement as they flow in the wind. It's much windier up here, with the roof devoid of any shelter from the harsh breeze. It bites Shinsou's cheeks as he slowly and carefully takes a step forward towards his friend.

"Denki," he tries again, this time making sure his voice does not waver. He can't let Kaminari sense his anxiety. "We need your help. Please, come on. That villain attacked, and--" He's cut off first by seeing Denki's shoulders starting to bounce, arms wrapping around his sides. With horror, Hitoshi realizes that he is laughing.

"It really is funny," he says at last, back still facing a very perplexed Shinsou. When he doesn't continue, the purple-haired student risks another step forward. Denki finally spins around, arm raised as his index finger pointed directly at Hitoshi, thumb up. Just like he does while training. He stops where he is, instinctively lifting his arms.

In a warning tone, Shinsou mutters out, "Denki." The blond doesn't move a muscle, his face a blank slate as he stares as his classmate like a predator watching his prey. With the way things are going at the moment, Hitoshi certainly does feel like he is, in fact, the prey. One wrong move and he can be in serious trouble. Never did he expect that he would be thinking that about Denki. What happened? He was just fine this morning! The gravity of the situation is starting to weigh on Shinsou, but he can't let his focus be drawn away from the boy in front of him. "What the hell are you doing?"

The question earns him a bolt of electricity straight to his chest. Hitoshi keens, reeling in pain until his knee hits the hard ground beneath him. He doubles over, head lowered and bowed as he grits his teeth. He's been hit with Kaminari's lightning dozens of times before, sure, but this time, it's so much more painful. Had he been holding back in training?

"Awe, look at you," Kaminari muses, striding over to him. His hand never lowers. "Only a few thousand volts and you're already bending over?" He chuckles dryly, a sly grin spread across his face. "But isn't it obvious what I'm doing?" His grin widens as Shinsou stares at him with wide eyes. "I'm your little mole, the bug in the system, the traitor you've been searching for. Congrats, you found me!" He does not look like he is actually proud of Hitoshi, not in the slightest. That's very expected, though.

Hitoshi remembers his training, how to deal with villains. He has to keep from cringing at having to refer to Denki as a villain and reminds himself to concentrate on the situation at hand.

"Why--" Another shock of lightning hits before he can even get the question out, pain flooding him again as he cries out, though this bolt was significantly less powerful than the last.

Kaminari snickers again, threading his free hand through Shinsou's hair before forcefully tugging his head up to look at him. All Hitoshi can do is peel his eyes away from his smug, triumphant expression.

"I guess people really did take my position as class 1-A's idiot seriously, huh?" he sneers, yanking on his classmate's hair again. "You really thought I was going to just sit here and let you use your quirk on me? Not a chance, babe. Looks like I wasn't the idiot, after all." Hitoshi knows he shouldn't speak again, knows he can't take another powerful attack like that from Denki, so he just glares, even finding it in himself to spit at him. The blond doesn't seem offended in the slightest. He just snorts at his feeble attempts, obviously more amused than anything.

After a moment of silence, Denki just sighs, though that menacing smile is still in place and standing strong. "It really is funny," he repeats. After a questioning quirk of Shinsou's eyebrow, he lets out another emotionless laugh. "Yeah, yeah, you wanna know what happened to your sweet, innocent, all-around fun guy Kaminari Denki, right?" he asks in a mocking tone, roughly dropping Shinsou's head and letting it fall, standing up. He scoffs as his smile falters. "It was all an act, Hitoshi." That evil smirk comes back at full force. Shinsou knows he should definitely not be as terrified of it as he is.