Chapter 11

*Y/n POV*

I woke up feeling groggy, and even more tired than before I fell asleep, and my head was pounding. I groaned as I sat up and grabbed my phone. It was quarter past three, and I quickly realised I was late for my meeting with Midas. I shot out of bed and quickly ran a brush through my hair and headed straight towards Midas' office.

I saw Skye on my way, and wished I could stop and chat with her for a bit, I hadn't seen her much lately.

"Oooh! I know that look! You're late for a meeting, aren't you?" Skye said with a giggle as I power walked past her in the hallway.

"Is it that obvious?" I laughed, turning around for a moment before heading up the stairs.

I knocked Midas' door, heart racing in my chest, and my head was now throbbing. I probably should have taken some painkillers before I fell asleep. I heard footsteps get louder on the other side of the door, before it swung open in front of me.

"You're late." Midas said bluntly, and he'd already turned around and made his way to his seat on the other side of the table in the centre of the room.

"S-sorry, I fell asleep, I didn't think I'd nap for that long." I rambled apologetically, following him in and closing the door behind me.

"Yes, perhaps I'll let you off since I did tell you to rest... However, don't let it happen again." He said, his voice getting more stern at the end of his sentence.

"You're not the b-" I quickly stopped myself before finishing my sentence. I was going to say ' you're not the boss of me ' but I quickly realised the irony in that statement.

Midas cocked his eyebrow at me, with a smirk on his face. "Go on, say what you were going to say." He said smugly, knowing full well what I was going to say.

"No no, it was nothing!" I replied, trying to shrug it off as I took a seat opposite him.

"Say it." Midas ordered, his tone growing more strict. I didn't want to piss him off, so I did as he said.

" I was gonna say 'you're not the boss of me' " I mumbled, sighing into my seat.

"Quite ironic, considering I just got you to say that for me, isn't it?" Midas smirked, folding his arms and leaning back into his seat. Sometimes I wanted to slap his cocky face.

"Okay okay, can we move on?" I sighed, and rubbed my aching head, to which Midas noticed.

"How's your head now?" He asked, sounding concerned.

"Hurts." I sighed bluntly. I felt even worse than earlier, I just wanted to sleep, the energy I had this morning had completely vanished.

"Did you take any painkillers?" Midas asked, looking at me with concern. I shook my head silently in response. I know I should have taken some, I was just so tired earlier I thought I could sleep it off.

Midas sighed before opening a drawer, and pulled out some files, and a second later he also pulled out some pain killers. "Take two of these." He said, handing me the packet and the glass of water that was already on his desk, which I assumed was his.

"I'll be fine, can we begi-"

"Look y/n, I know you're stubborn but you're not more stubborn than me. Please just take the tablets. I won't begin until you do." Midas said, folding his arms once more.

Not more stubborn than him, huh?

"Is that a challenge?" I asked, grinning at him playfully. Midas' face remained emotionless, he didn't react to my words at all. He definitely wasn't giving in.