Chapter 1

*Y/n POV*

My heart was racing as I crawled through the tiny metal vent, not even sure if I was headed in the right direction. I'd recently overheard a conversation regarding that there were some powerful weapons being stored in this building, otherwise known as "The Agency". I didn't know a thing about the place, who runs it or what it even functioned as. In fact, I wasn't even interested in the weapons themselves. I just needed the money.

Times were already financially difficult with my mom and dad around, but now that they're gone... I already know my father would hit the roof if he knew I'd resorted to stealing, but I was running out of options. I didn't take any pleasure in this kind of work. I'd heard that the weapons in this building would be worth a lot of money, I figured I could potentially hit this one score. Every bone in my body was telling me to go back, my stomach was turning from the nerves. But this was my one shot to finally start living a good life. I was desperate.

It was a miracle that I managed to sneak into this place undetected, using the ventilation system from outside. It was a tight fit, and dusty as hell, but it worked a dream. I didn't want to draw a drop of attention to myself, including the henchmen guards, which I quickly learned were scattered all over the place, sporting white suits and white helmets. And more importantly, they were armed. Whatever was being kept here was definitely important, however this only made the prize seem more appealing. So far I'd managed to not come into contact with any of the henchmen, and I planned to keep it that way. If I was good at one thing, it was how quiet and agile I could be when needed.

I was dressed in a fully black bodysuit, and a catlike helmet. It wasn't really my style, however I didn't really get the chance to be picky when I stole it from some mercenary's basement. I only wanted it to have some security for this job. If I were spotted, at least I had some chance to hide my identity. Still, I just hoped I hadn't opened a can of worms of crime life. I didn't want one heist to lead to the next, and so forth.

I sighed, taking a moment to catch my breath from crawling through the vents.

Just this score, that's all I need.

I reached down to double check my weapons of choice for the hundredth time, the two pistols on either leg still feeling foreign to me as I had barely even held a gun before in my life, let alone fired one. I prayed I wouldn't end up in the situation where I would have to use them, not that I even knew how. They were mainly just for precaution.

I slogged on forward, army crawling through the metal vents, being extra vigilant not to bump against the metal not to create any noise. After what felt like hours, I could see a metal grate up ahead of me, natural daylight peeling through.

As I edged closer, I inhaled sharply as I saw what was unmistakably a vault door. And it looked massive.

Don't mess this up.

I remained in the vent for about five more minutes, trying to analyse the surroundings through the metal grate, and also waiting to see if any henchman appeared. To my surprise, none did. I had no reason to question it, so I slowly opened the grate, and waited a short moment for any form of reaction.

Nothing.

The drop down wasn't too far, and I slid out of the vent, quietly landing on the floor in front of the vault with ease.

Now I just need to figure out a way in...

The vault door loomed over me, it was absolutely huge, and I knew it would take a job and a half to blast that thing down if anyone had the sense to try it that way. I on the other hand, had other means...