Chapter 27

(( A/N: I'm sooo sorry it's been so long, I recently started back at university and shits been busyy. Also thank you all for 9k!! I can't believe how far we've come! But enough of that. Happy reading!! ))

*Y/N POV*

As soon as the door shut behind us, Midas leant on the wall, catching his breath. He was still in his golden form, and his chest rose and fell rhythmically. The rain had soaked me through to the skin, and I couldn't stop myself from shivering.

"You.. You should have gone back inside when I ordered you to, Y/n." Midas breathed, his eyes closed as he leant his head back against the wall.

"Surely you aren't being serious." I said, folding my arms and looking at him. "I'm pretty sure I just saved your life. The very least I deserve is an explanation!" I added, raising my voice slightly as I pointed up to the roof.

Midas sighed, and I saw his golden eyelids flicker open. When Midas was in his gold state, it was a little harder to distinguish his facial features, his scar was barely noticeable and if I didn't know better I wouldn't have noticed one eye is blind.

I need answers. More than ever.

"Midas if you don't throw me a bone here I'm going to lose my fucking mind, what the hell was that out there?!" I demanded, feeling myself grow impatient. I was tired, cold, and most of all, confused as always.

"Y/n I barely know what happened myself." Midas replied, his voice quite and monotone as he turned to look at me.

I ran my fingers through my soaked hair out of frustration. Even after all of that, he still doesn't trust me. Let alone the fact that he thought that I was the one betraying The Agency. It broke my heart that he wouldn't give me any light on the situation, I just want to help him the way he's helped me.

"I can't do this." I sighed, and turned to leave. I had given up trying.

"Y/n wait." Midas said calmly, grabbing clothed arm, stopping me in my tracks.

I turned back to face him and he let go of me.

"Y/n I-" Midas froze upon glancing at my arm, his metallic golden eyes widening in shock.

I glanced at my arm to see he had left a golden handprint on my hoodie, but I didn't understand why he seemed so shocked.

"Y- Y/n I didn't mean to do that." Midas said, his voice sounding shaken.

"Oh, it's okay. Don't worry about it." I shrugged. He was really stressed so I didn't blame him for having a small lapse in concentration.

"No, Y/n it's not okay. I usually know when I'm applying the touch, that time I had no idea. I-" Midas froze and we both glanced at the handprint on my arm. I couldn't help but admire how gold shimmered beautifully, but I was quickly torn from my infatuation when I noticed the gold began to swell, spreading further up my arm.

"Y/n take your hoodie off right now." Midas said quickly, his tone full of fear in a way I've never heard it before. I didn't need telling twice. I threw the hoodie over my head, dumping it on the floor as if it were on fire.

We both watched as the hoodie completely turned to gold in a matter of seconds.

"Christ." Midas mumbled, burying his face in his hands.

"Midas..." I said softly, approaching him slowly.

"D-don't!" He protested, cowering away from me.

Usually Midas can control his power so well, I mean hell, his hands have touched almost every inch of my body with no issues, he'd even knowingly marked me temporarily before now. What changed?