Chapter 21 - Doxxing Su Jianan

Lu Boyan's residence.

Su Jianan had tried over ten different sleep postures and had made over ten attempts at summoning any somnolence she thought she had in her, but still, sleep eluded her.

Usually, she would fall asleep the moment she hit the sack. But tonight, thoughts of Lu Boyan's bridal carry preoccupied her mind.

The way his strong hands felt when they were pressed against her skin, his body heat, the warmth of his firm pectorals, the sharp contours of his handsome face... Oh, it was as if she was back in his arms again, reliving the same experience, seeing and feeling everything clearly. Her pulse began to race...

"Hey, you'd left Lu Boyan's embrace ages ago, okay! Just stop this! Argh!" she thought.

Usually, Su Jianan had better self-control than that. But this time, stopping herself really did seem like a lost cause, so she got out of bed and left her bedroom.

She needed a drink to calm herself!

Su Jianan noticed Lu Boyan before she reached the bottom of the stairs. He was sitting in the living room and it appeared that he was in the middle of a phone call. Su Jianan could faintly make out the sound of his deep voice. Right then, that gentle voice was filled with warmth and tenderness. Furthermore, from the contents of the conversation, it was not difficult for Su Jianan to guess the person at the other end of the call was Han Ruoxi.

Other than those few times when they had been forced to put on a show, Lu Boyan had never spoken to Su Jianan in such a gentle voice before. In fact, she could come up with several occasions when his face clearly expressed his unwillingness to converse with her.

She had always thought that Lu Boyan was cold by nature. But it turned out that he was only cold to her by nature.

The warmth of his body, the sensation his touches had evoked in her, and the way he made her pulse race – all vanished from Su Jianan's mind.

The deluge that had been seething inside Su Jianan's heart lulled, dropping from 100 to 0 degrees in an instant. Everything she had been feeling in her heart came to a miraculous halt.

She heaved a sigh of relief before turning around to walk back to her room. She fell asleep shortly after.

When she woke up the next day, Su Jianan had forgotten everything from the previous day. Instead, all her attention was now focused on the tantalizing breakfast that had been laid out before her. Today, they were having her favorite again – dumplings.

Uncle Xu appeared with two copies of the morning paper. He handed Su Jianan a copy. "Young Madam, there are reports on yesterday's incident. Do you want to have a look?"

Su Jianan spread out the paper before her. After a moment, she snorted. "The media is so good at making things up these days."

Shockingly, the headline was Unforeseen Turn of Events: Lu Boyan Puts His Life on the Line Going after His Wife's Kidnappers. Was there a live coverage when Lu Boyan went after the kidnappers? Otherwise, how could they have known that Lu Boyan had put his own life at risk?

Su Jianan was still in the middle of her laughing fit when something else caught her eye. Below the headline was an article about Han Ruoxi.

Su Jianan had never been much of a follower of the entertainment biz, so even if Han Ruoxi's popularity had surged all over Asia, Su Jianan only ever encountered two news articles about Han Ruoxi.

Strangely, on both encounters, those articles were of similar content – last time, it was about a drunken Han Ruoxi in tears. This time, the photo showed Han Ruoxi wiping her tears at the foot of her home building. The photo was taken in the middle of the night. The speculation was that her tears had been caused by relationship troubles.