Chapter 72 - Immunity to Hotness

She wondered what she would do if she were to end up besotted and love-struck like this everyday in the future.

Would Lu Boyan discover all her big and little secrets?

Su Jianan shook her head. "No," she thought. "I need to strengthen my immunity against his hotness."

She hung Lu Boyan's used towel around the back of her neck, tugging the two ends with both hands. After that, she left the gym with her head lowered, nursing her thoughts as she walked.

It was like she was trapped in some kind of strange loop. She could not find her way back to the dining room at all. She walked around hazily, failing to realize that she had been walking around in circles.

The servants had noticed Su Jianan's incessant pacing, though they did not dare interrupt her thoughts after noting the serious look on her face.

When Lu Boyan came downstairs, he immediately saw Su Jianan who, at that point, was like a walking zombie.

Frowning, he stepped in front of her. In her haze, Su Jianan felt as though she had bumped into something, so she halted her steps and raised her head. "Eh? Lu Boyan?" she thought.

She smiled in a slow and obtuse manner. "Oh, you've come down."

Lu Boyan pointed at the towel on her neck. "Why do you have my used towel hanging around your neck?"

Su Jianan glanced down. She really did have a towel hanging around her neck!

How the towel ever got onto her neck, she had not the slightest clue.

"Ahem. I was... drying my sweat. I'm done using it. Here you go."

She shoved the towel into Lu Boyan's hands and hightailed it towards the dining room.

After breakfast, Uncle Xu brought the car key to Lu Boyan. "Young Master, the car is ready. You and Young Madam can leave at any time."

Lu Boyan held out her hand to Su Jianan. "Come with me."

Su Jianan remembered Lu Boyan saying something about taking her somewhere today. Obediently, she placed her hand into his. She spent the entire car trip wondering where it was that Lu Boyan was taking her.

She thought of a lot of places. Even the theme park had come up at some point, despite the fact that going there would outrageosly clash with Lu Boyan's personality. Still, she never expected him to bring her here of all places.

Oakland, a well-preserved old city area in A City. Green flagstones layered the age-old streets, whose two sides were lined with vintage wooden buildings. These buildings were renovated into shops and restaurants, all of which would be teeming with visitors during weekends.

No cars were allowed in the area, so Lu Boyan had parked the car at the carpark in a nearby mall. After that, he led Su Jianan through the sea of people.

"When I was young, my mom would often bring me here," Su Jianan said as she studied the streets. "There used to be a tailor shop here on this street. They make really pretty cheongsams. Well, my mom was a big fan of cheongsams, so she'd always have her dresses tailored there. Hey, you were in A City back then too. Have you ever been here before?"

"No," Lu Boyan said. "I don't like crowded places."

That did not surprise Su Jianan at all. It would be normal for someone as boring as Lu Boyan to say that they had never been here.

"That's okay!" She smiled. "I'll describe everything to you! Back in the days, this street wasn't a tourist hotspot at all. Most of the people who visited were locals of A City. I'd come along with my mom whenever she came here to retrieve her cheongsam. Then, after she was done, I'd pester her non-stop until she took me to the teahouse near the backstreet for some syrup. I heard that the teahouse was closed down ages ago. Well, I've kind of forgotten what the syrup tastes like already. Oh, but I still remember how my mom looked like when she wore a cheongsam. She looked really good in it, even better than Maggie Cheung..."