Chapter 81 - The Torrid Affair Between Lu Boyan and His Secretary (1)

The next day.

Su Jianan promised to accompany Lu Boyan to the company today, yet she was nowhere to be found by the time Lu Boyan arrived for breakfast. "Young Master, should I go wake the Young Madam?" asked Aunt Liu.

Lu Boyan laid down the morning papers. "I'll go."

Entering the room, he saw the sheets and blanket in a tangled heap. Like always, Su Jianan messed them up during while tossing and turning in her sleep. A bolster fell off the bed onto the floor. Only half her body remained under the blanket; the other half pressed on top of it as she slept peacefully.

Lu Boyan picked up the bolster and placed it beside the headboard. "Jianan?"

"..."

Not even a single muscle twitch came from Su Jianan, who snored like a clueless baby.

Lu Boyan did not bother waking her after that. He stood up and prepared to leave. But just then, Su Jianan's lips, both plump and moist, twitched. She pursed her lips together, and Lu Boyan wondered what she dreamed about.

Lu Boyan stared utterly bewitched by her subconscious gesture. He bent down and gently touched his lips to hers in a light kiss. His touch was light, like a dragonfly touching the surface of the water. Afterwards, he left the room.

Su Jianan knew nothing about what occurred, of course. When she woke, she glanced at the clock instinctively.

9 : 30

"Nah, this is fine," she thought. She sometimes slept until noon on her days off. There was still time for her to laze around for a while.

When she closed her eyes, Lu Boyan's voice suddenly invaded her mind.

"Come to the company with me the day after tomorrow. Come to the company... the company..."

She sprang up from bed, gasping for air. Her body glistened in sweat like she awoke from a terrible nightmare. She glanced at the clock again to confirm the time. 9:33!

"Oh crap! Crap!" she thought.

She scrambled out of bed, slipped on her slippers, and ran downstairs. Once there, only Uncle Xu, Aunt Liu, and a few other servants bustled about. Lu Boyan was nowhere to be found.

"Young Madam, Young Master has already left for work," said Uncle Xu.

Frustrated, Su Jianan twirled a lock of her hair. "So he left without me..." The disappointment in her voice was hard to miss, even for herself.

Uncle Xu smiled. "Ah, that's only because you were still asleep. Young Master did go upstairs to wake you just now. But he saw that you were still sleeping soundly, so he instructed us not to disturb you and to have the driver send you to the company after you wake up. Speaking of which, I should have the kitchen ready your breakfast."

"Oh, so he did have plans after all," Su Jianan thought, instantly forgetting about the disappointment she felt just moments ago. She ran back to her room to wash up and get changed.

Considering it was her first time making an appearance at Lu Enterprises, Su Jianan decided on a more formal and low-key look.

After making a few rounds in the walk-in closet, she finally decided on her outfit. A skirt suit set consisting of a cream color blazer and a knee-length pencil skirt. Under the blazer, she wore a chiffon blouse of the same brand as the set. The outfit made her look pretty and cute, but at the same time, it gave her the appearance of a business executive, which Su Jianan precisely tried to avoid.

Uncle Xu sent her off after breakfast. "Young Madam, should I call the company to let the Young Master know you're on your way?"

"Nah, he's probably busy, so let's not disturb him," Su Jianan said. "I'll look for him once I get there."