4 - Stray Bullets

America started at Russia in shock. He couldn't quite believe the words that had just come out of the country's mouth.

"I'm sorry, I must have misheard. You. Are you going to get me out of this hellhole?" America snickered.

"You want to leave, no?" Russia asked, turning to face the American. America flinched at his sharp gaze. He wondered if this was some kind of trick the Russian was playing.

"Well yeah, obviously, but I don't see how you want to help me. Look buddy, I'm not gonna pay you or whatever for saving my life. I literally have nothing valuable on me anyways. Pretty sure you would have taken it by now if I did." America said.

Russia shook his head. "What I want does not matter. You want me to help you escape or not?"

America surveyed the man in front of him. Russia seemed honest yet still deceitful. It wouldn't be a great idea to trust him but America knew that his options were limited. The risk would have to be taken.

"Fine yes... I'll go with you." America said finally.

He watched as Russia walked around the room before stopping in front of a white shelf. Opening the drawers, Russia dug around, pulled out a gun, and then proceeded to chuck it at America who caught it in surprise.

"What's this for?" America asked, looking up.

"Defense." Russia simply answered closing the shelf and walking around the room to different objects of furniture.

"You don't expect me to shoot anyone do you?" America asked, surveying the gun in his hand. It was a black pistol. The framing felt cool to the touch and the weight felt heavy in his hand. America had never shot a gun before and the strange feeling of having to do so in the future made his spine tingle.

Russia continued to grab things from around his room, not paying attention to the American. He grabbed another pistol for himself from the kitchen counter, a hidden backpack from under his bed, a tool belt stocked with survival gear from under his desk, and much more.

America watched him prepare, silently wondering if they would be able to pull this off. He knew that he would have the advantage of being with Russia for the fact that the soldiers outside seemed to follow his orders. But he also knew that the entire building was crawling with soldiers and armed guards in every hall and corner.

That was the sole reason America hadn't already bolted out the door. He knew that the chances of him being shot on sight were too high of a risk.

"You will have to keep up with me yourself if you want to get out. I won't hesitate to leave you behind." Russia said plopping down all the materials he had gathered onto the couch. He motioned for America to come over to him.

Hesitantly, America obliged standing up, pistol still in hand.

"Yeah I get it. I'm just like additional luggage or something." America rolled his eyes looking over the items in front of him.

"Or something." Russia muttered watching the awe on America's face as he looked through the various gadgets and items on the couch.

"So what's your plan?" America asked looking up.

Russia pulled out a blueprint from the pocket of the backpack and set it down in front of them. America quickly recognized the design to be floor plans of the building.

As Russia began to explain the plan, America became a little more hopeful. If this was some kind of cruel facade, he would have honestly been impressed with the amount of effort the russian had put into this plan.