5 - Speeding RunAways

"Holy shit! I can't believe it! We actually did it! We made it out in one piece!"

Russia glanced over at the excited American next to him. America was looking backwards no doubt watching the building they had just left fade from sight.

"I would hold my excitement. We still have to get out of town." Russia said.

"Man you really are a killjoy aren't you." America responded with a frown.

Russia rolled his eyes. He pressed the gas pedal a bit harder and the car lurched forward. And the passenger next to him followed, almost falling off of his seat.

"Идиот! Put on your seatbelt!" Russia commanded. America replied with a quick nod and strapped himself in.

"So where even are we if you don't mind me asking."

"Novosibirsk." Russia said casually. His mind was only set on one thing. Getting out of the city. He knew that it would be minutes upon entering that roads of the city before his father's cars would be following them.

Completely zoning out Russia didn't notice the country next to him mutter a few words under his breath. Suddenly remembering his new companion, Russia glanced over to see how he was doing.

America was leaning next to the window with his arm resting upon the door and his hand to his cheek. He seemed dazed and deep in though but perhaps he was just admiring the lights of the city in front of them.

They were indeed quite wonderful. Russia had always enjoyed gazing at the city lights during the nighttime. It gave him somewhat of a comfortable and peaceful feeling. Both emotions which were difficult to come by in his line of work.

Taking another glance at America made him realize that the country wasn't actually looking at the lights at all. He was actively napping!

Russia sighed quietly to himself. The other had gone through a lot. He could at least let him rest for a bit. But Russia knew that his rest would be short lived as the first building came into view and they finally entered the streets of the town.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a heavily tinted, black car coming down the road opposite him. It began to speed up seeing the car the Russian was in.

With a clench of his jaw, Russia quickly turned the steering wheel turning away from that street into another one. As he did he heard a thump from next to him.

"Ow! What the fuck. What's going on?" The sleepy American asked looking up.

Russia didn't respond seeing two more of the similar cars coming from behind him. "Hold on." He said before slamming the gas pedal sending them flying through the streets.

Luckily for them, the streets were mostly clear and it was easy to take sharp turns to avoid getting caught.

Soon enough, the American caught on pointing out to Russia anytime he saw one of the black sedans. Well.. it was more like screaming Russia's name and frantically tapping on the window in the direction of the car.

"Did... did your dad send these guys after us?!" America asked, clinging to his seat as Russia took a sharp right narrowly escaping the car behind them.

"No. My mom sent them." Russia replied sarcastically, hands now clenched tightly on the wheel.

"Oh hardy har har you're such a comedi-" America yelped ducking as a gunshot rang out.

Russia's eyes widened as he tried to speed up the car only to notice that he couldn't go any faster if he planned on not crashing on the next turn. Russia groaned out loud in annoyance as he reached down in between the seats and pulled out a gun.