CHAPTER 19

Jenny's POV

Dad is almost done finalizing his divorce with Abby and has also placed a restraining order against them. I told Xavier about my encounter with Eric, turns out he also had an encounter with Cindy. I guess we are sensible enough to know that keeping things away from each other won't  do our relationship any good. Communication actually is the key to a successful relationship and marriage. He suspects I'm keeping something concerning my  health from him because I've been throwing up and sleeping and eating too much. Xavier might be one of the most intelligent and wealthiest man in the world but he can be dull at times. I'm surprised he hasn't connected the dots yet . He feels I'm just going through a phase so when I wake him up in the middle of the night to get me foods I  crave for most especially red velvet cake, he goes without complaing . The last time he grumbled , my emotions were all over and I  started crying till he got it.

Today is Xavier's birthday and I haven't wished him yet. I made it my priority to ignore him today and I felt for him because he left to work in a horrible mood. I wrapped up my pregnancy result and kept it at his side of the bed so that when he gets home, it would be the first thing he sees when he goes into the room to freshen up. I also plan to take him on a romantic dinner. While we leave for our dinner, Betty and Bella would set up the house for a little birthday party that I  planned for him so that he could have a little time with his family. I'm really nervous and excited at the same time.

Xavier's POV

  I can't believe she actually forgot that today is my birthday irrespective of the hints I've been giving her a week prior to today. I mean, I'm not a big fan of the whole going crazy on my birthday but this is my first birthday with the woman of my dreams. I  just wanted her to at least wish me a happy birthday and then we could stay indoors,watch movies, eat junks and order takeouts then end the night with birthday sex but I  doubt that would happen. For pit sake even my fans and the media remembers but not my wife. I even went as far as telling her this morning that I feel today is one of my cousin's  birthday but she just smiled and went to make breakfast. To be sincere, I'm a little bit disappointed and sad. Scratch that, I'm extremely sad but I won't loose hope, the day isn't over so maybe she has something planned. I refuse to believe that she forgot.

Jenny's POV

I'm on my way to get some stuffs from the mall which would be essential for the party tonight. I had to drive myself because I sent the driver to pick up the cakes and drinks. I also plan on looking at some baby stuff though I won't buy anything because I want Xavier and I  to get all baby stuffs together. It's either the driver in front of me is drunk or he cheated during his driving test and got his license. Wait a minute,  I  doubt he even has a driving license because he drives like a mad man. All of a sudden he speeds up towards me and I try to avoid him by swerving to the right to avoid him. I could feel the impact of his car colliding with mine  and my surroundings became hazy. I can feel my body slowly shutting down. I  just hope my baby is okay.

Xavier's POV

I can't wait to go home. I feel uncomfortable and scared and that is a sensation that I  shouldn't be feeling now. I heard my home phone ring so I had to dismiss James so as to pick.

"Mr DeLuca on the line. Who am I unto?" I really don't understand why a foreign number would be calling me through my personal line.

"Good day Mr DeLuca. I'm calling from Mercy hospital ,you've been listed as the emergency contact of Mrs Jennifer DeLuca. She has been involved in an accident and has been brought here so your attention is needed here. We shall be expecting you sir" The call ended and I felt pure fear course through my veins.

"My wife, Mrs Jennifer DeLuca was involved in an accident and was brought here" I was out of breath as I spoke with fear in  my voice.

"Sir, she is in  room 305" I started running toward the room without asking for directions. I  can't loose her, I refuse to loose her but one thing is for sure. I would make anyone that put her here pay with the last drop of their blood.