33. a little amnesia

G A Y L E

MAN, I HAVE got to stop passing out, it's actually starting to hurt now.

The first thing I see when I open my eyes is the room I have grown accustomed to, my bedroom. Somehow, I'm back under my covers, my hair sprawled out uncontrollably.

Everything is exactly how I left it, even my curtains are still drawn. It takes me a moment to recognise the blond god sat on a sofa, reading a book besides me.

As if Apollo has sensed that I'm awake, he pokes his face out from the book and gazes down at me. He puts it down on his lap as a wave of relief washes over his face.

His face resumes it's usual nonchalance in less than a moment and he sits back on his chair. "I don't know about you, but I'm getting pretty damn tired of you passing out all the time." He rolls his eyes, stretching his arms out.

"Agreed." I mutter, rubbing my thumbs against my throbbing temples.

"What happened last night, Gayle?" Apollo asks me subtly, crossing his arms over his chest.

My brows furrow at his words in confusion. "What do you mean?" I sit up on the bed. Every time I try to think back to last night, a searing pain jabs my head.

I try and force myself to remember.

Apollo. Persephone. Three goddesses.

The last thing I remember is cruising down the hallway, trying to find these fabled goddesses.

Everything after that is just a blank page.

A crease forms between Apollo's brows, his silver eyes watching me intently as a frown settles on his face.

"You were found passed out in Aphrodite's dungeon this morning, Gayle. The door was locked and everything. When I saw you sprawled out on the floor like that..." the worried expression returns to his marvelous features.

He clears his throat. "Why did you go down there?" He asks calmly.

"I was found in Aphrodite's prison cell? We have prison cells here? How big is this place?" I counter with a scowl.

He sighs. "You don't remember anything?"

"No! I was out looking for you, that's literally the last thing I remember! What would I be doing in a damn prison cell? What, am I crazy?"

There are a few moments of silence in the room. "Of course you aren't crazy. It's just... well... everybody thinks you..."

"Everybody thinks I what?" I question, brow arching defensively.

"Everybody here thinks that you– "

The door bursts open before he can finish his sentence, and in strolls a red-faced Ariel with steam practically blowing out her ears. Her hazel eyes meet mine and she scowls. "HOW COULD YOU LET HER OUT OF HER CELL?! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG ERIS AND I SPENT LOOKING FOR THE BITCH?! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?"