FEATHER #10

"She still hasn't woken up yet?" Mila asked, placing a chocolate cake on the table.

"No, the healing process took all her strength." Alexa sighed heavily.

"But she's gonna be okay, right?" Mila asked a question again, looking gloomy.

"Undoubtedly. All the wounds on her body have completely disappeared," the woman answered.

"Does this mean she has accepted her true nature?" Nick raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Not exactly. Angels fully accept their true nature only when they learn to control their wings."

"I've never seen your wings," the guy said thoughtfully.

Alexa dropped her gaze. "I lost them many years ago. It's a long and not very pleasant story."

Mila noticed how the woman touched her hand to her back, but then, wrinkling her nose, she pulled it away.

"Nick, maybe you could check on Olivia?" Bella suddenly asked, hinting at the guy to leave and not ask Alexa anything else.

He nodded a couple of times and left the kitchen.

<><>

Olivia did force her eyelids to lift. She lay there for a long time, staring blankly at the ceiling. Her head is empty. Even simple thoughts hurt. And she can't really grab hold of them anyway.

"How long ago have you woken up?" Her brother's voice managed to bring her back to reality.

He sat down next to her on the bed and tenderly took her hand.

"A couple of minutes ago," Olivia replied without looking at the guy. "How long have I been out?"

"Oh... five years." Nick pursed his lips sympathetically.

Olivia instantly raised herself on her elbows and stared at her brother, dumbfounded. "What? You're lying."

"You don't believe me? Go to the kitchen and ask your bestie."

Olivia only frowned deeper, and then, rapidly jumping out of bed, rushed to the kitchen.

SURPRISE!!!

That's what Olivia hears as she opens the door. Multi-colored confetti scatters in front of her. She sees Mila, Alexa, and Bella, all wearing ridiculous party hats. Everything was decorated for the celebration.

Olivia didn't have time to understand or ask anything when everything went dark and her face turned into a sweet mess of chocolate cake.

"Happy Birthday!!" Mila's joyful laughter sounded.

Olivia touched her hands to her face and removed the pieces of cake from her eyes.

"Happy birthday, sis!" Chuckling Nick put his arm around the girl's shoulders, then suddenly ran his finger over her cheek and licked it. "It's a very yummy cake, by the way."

He pulled away from the girl and closed his eyes for a couple of seconds, enjoying the taste of the cake in his mouth. But a moment later, he felt the same thing that Olivia had felt a minute earlier. Clearing his eyes from the cake, he stared in shock at Bella, who was holding the remains of the cake.

"You thought you'd avoid this?" Alexa laughed.

The guy just ran his finger over his cheek and licked it again. "My cake is much yummier!" Nick stuck his tongue out, looking at his sister.

But there wasn't even a shadow of a smile on Olivia's face. She was indifferent. Her whole being expressed indifference to what was happening.

"Not funny," she muttered and quickly left the kitchen.