The con man fixed something shocker right!?

" How's Ace holding up? " I rolled my eyes and kept walking. Just ignore him and he will go away. Hopefully.

" Sage, " He groaned. " Look you wasn't suppose to hear any of that. " I halted dead in my tracks. Did he really just say that??

"No Kaleb, I'm glad I did. " I spun around to face him. " 'Cause if I didn't  you would still be trying to rob me blind, so you want money!? Here. " I took four 50 dollar bills out my pocket and flicked them in his face.

" There, your 200 dollars richer. Now leave me ALONE. " I bit at him. I turned around flipping my raven hair in his face and stomped to class. During Bio all I could think about was yesterday.

~ FLASHBACK~

" Well, I guess this is home. " I sighed. We ordered a two bedroom adjoining hotel room. On one side there was a bathroom to the right when you first walk in, a pull out couch, two love seats on each side, a desk in the far left corner with nothing but a lamp and a black leather chair, a huge bay window that looks out onto the indoor pool and a TV on a stand. Inside the stand was two extra pillows that I took into the adjoining room. Once you open the double doors you see two queen sized beds next to the second bathroom. The only thing separating them is a small night stand. Outside each of the bathrooms was a full length mirror.

" Yeah, I guess. "  A.J mumbled. He's been down all day. His eyes are just fading from crying a hour in the hospital room. He really is hung over this.

" You okay?? " I asked, afraid of his answer.

" Yeah, I'm fine just a little rattled. " he put our suitcases in the huge TV stand in our room since it has no closet.

" Come on, it's almost ten. School is tomorrow. " he said. I nodded and searched for a night gown. Once I found it, I headed to the bathroom. Inside they had mini soaps, a built-in blowdryer, and tiny bottles of off brand shampoo and conditioner.

" I got your body wash along with your hair products. " A.J blurted from the other side of the door. I opened it and took the lavender shampoo.

" Your a life saver,  thanks. " I let out a loose breath of air I didn't know I was hiding. I closed the door again and took my shower. The sweet smell of lavender put me at ease. I got out, quickly dried off, and put on my night gown. My hair would air dry. Once I looked towards A.J's bed he was already sleeping his favorite deep blue pajama pants. I smiled at how he looked adorable, so peaceful, no care in the world. I wish I could be like that right now.

I watched longer as he slept. Then I recognized that I was practically stalking my own brother. God, I feel like Nyla. I chuckled a little and headed to my bed. I couldn't sleep. I layed there with my hands behind my head thinking. What are we going to do now?? We have no home, no parents, and the only money we got is the money we both saved. But until one of us turn 18 and get the money those bastards left for us.

I'm talking about the recently deceased, I'm going to hell.

Well, couldn't be worse than what they did to me. I looked over to A.J again. At least he wasn't there. God knows what they would have did to him if he didn't join the football team. Blamed it all on me, it would have been worse. Maybe him leaving was for the best.  I watched as A.J began to twitch and moan unpleasantly. Oohh no. A.J shot up from his bed panting and sweating.

" Nightmare? " I asked. He looked over at me with the same teary eyes he has after over one. He didn't have to say anything, I already knew. I outstretched my arms to him as he climbed over. I flipped my legs over so I was sitting up. He kneeled down in front of me putting his head on my lap. I slightly smirked and combed through his hair with my hand. Slowly, his breathing went back to normal. His sweat still glittered in the moonlight, also making him look pale.