Episode 5: Sparring

It took a month to be able to effortlessly resist the class' Quirks with just my hands unwrapped. I was even able to do arm curls in class the last three days.

Then the second month, I unwrapped up to my elbows and restarted the whole process over again. The third month, I completely unwrapped my arms and started over once more. Each time it only took me a month to fully get used to each section and I was always able to work out in class at the end.

Shira was also helping me out. Once she deemed she had hunted enough for one night, she would work out the body for me seeing as I no longer could keep up a routine until the last two weeks of every month. Though she had upped the amount of Blood Bottles to two a day instead of one.

Now it's nearing the end of the fourth month and I have the area from my collar bones to the bottom of my armpits unwrapped. You may be asking "Why though." Well, remember those wings I mentioned? They come out of my back right between my shoulder blades and would rip my bandages if I used them in battle or something. This way I don't have to worry about that and I will be less likely to lose control.

I'm currently sitting in my usual corner during class, reading with one hand (A/N: Braille) and using grippers (A/N: that thing Midoriya uses to strengthen his grip at the beginning) with the other. The others are coming back from lunch, occasionally stopping to ruffle my hair, which they have become fond of for some reason. They already know I won't respond any more than a grunt. Once one of the girls braided my hair when she thought I was sleeping. I scared the crap out of her when I thanked her.

"Ok class!" Mr. Yamada said. "Change and meet me in Gym Gamma! Kai you can come with if you want, I know the Entrance Exam is this Friday." There was the familiar hissing of the walls sliding out and the clatter of students rushing around as I packed up.

"Mr. Yamada! Can I also go change?" I asked over the ruckus.

"Yeah sure."

I left the class, heading for the bathrooms. I'd gotten so used to the hallway layouts I can now walk down them without my cane as long as it's mostly empty. If it's, like, lunch and the halls are packed, I'd get lost easily.

I headed into the Boys bathroom, already taking off my jacket, and quickly changed my jeans and t-shirt out for basketball shorts and a tank top. I debated whether or not I should take off the blindfold and decided "I mean, they're going to see the rest of the scars anyway so there's no point hiding it. Besides that, I'm expecting to spar a little and I'll need my vision for that."

I carefully took off the one bandaid lining the left of my jaw line, unwrapped my eyes, and looked in the mirror. I grimaced at the person staring back. He had one sad green eye while the other was covered by a stick-on eyepatch. The eyepatch was surrounded by pencil thin scars crawling around the left of his face like an ant farm. One of the scars followed his jawline and hid beneath the bandages around his neck. His left arm was covered in the same ant farm pattern of scars and ended in one straight line on the back of his left hand.

"I can't believe that's me..." I muttered, putting the jacket back on and leaving the bathroom.

👌🎃👌👾👌👍🙀👄👁👱🧚

I walked into Gym Gamma to see the class sparring each other in different areas of the room. It was the first time I had really seen them. None of them looked even remotely similar to me.

There was a tall blonde man standing off to the side of the gym, apparently monitoring their activity. I walked up to him.

"You are Mr. Yamada, right?" I asked, hesitantly.