Episode 4: Tolerance

"Just knock!" Katsuki said. "We've been standing out here for 5 minutes!"

I nervously picked at my bandages. I had come under wraps. In such a big building with so many people, I didn't wanna take any chances until I was ready.

"Ohhhh this was a bad idea." I said, running my hand nervously through my newly short cut hair. "We should just le-"

SMACK!

"Snap out of it Kai! What the fuck is wrong with you! Where's your confidence run off to?"

"Uhh."

"If you're gonna say you're related to me then you better man up and knock on the damn door!"

I nodded and shook myself. What is wrong with me? Fuck! I raised my hand and knocked three times.

A muffled "Come in!" sounded from within. I slid the door open and stepped inside.

Just chill, Kaiya. You'll be fine.

I bowed in greeting.

"Good Afternoon, sir." I said.

"Good Afternoon! And who might you be?"

I straightened myself from my bow and looked carefully at Mr. Principals outline. He was obviously an animal of sorts. His energy waves looked like intelligence waves.

"I wonder what his blood would taste like?"

My jaw dropped.

"Shira!" I exclaimed. "This is the principal! We are not going to eat him!"

"Well, Shira. I would definitely prefer it if you didn't." The principal said, sipping his tea.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm not Shira, I'm Kaiya." I said, wringing my hands.

"Oh, does your Quirk give you multiple personalities?" Mr. Principle said.

I laughed nervously. "Something like that."

"Shouldn't you be sleeping? I still have 2 hours until it's your turn!" I hissed.

"Oh yeah! Sorry."

"I came here to ask for your help." I said.

"Oh? What can I help you with?" Mr. Principal squeaked.

"Have you ever heard of the Absorption Quirk?" I asked.

"I have not."

I explained to him how my Quirk works and who Shira is. It took a good 10 minutes because I kept stumbling over my words and stuttering.

"Your bandages are to help you control your Quirk I'm guessing?" He asked.

"Mostly, yeah."

"May I ask a few questions out of curiosity?"

I scoffed. "I mean, I'm about to ask for a huge favor so sure."

"Can you see through those bandages?"

"I can't see anything but your energy waves."

"Can you tell what my Quirk is based on my Energy waves?"

"I mean, I don't know the specifics but I can tell it has something to do with your intelligence."

"That's true. My Quirk is called High Spec. It is a heightening of my IQ. Last question, how many Quirks have you collected?"

I blinked.

"I-I don't actually know off the top of my head. But I can calculate it out real quick."