Chapter 8: Quirk Assessment Test

Test 1: 50-meter dash. 🙆

First up was Iida against Tsu. Iida used the engines in his legs and was done in 3.04 seconds. Tsu finished in 5.58 seconds.

"Well, he's like a fish in water. It'll be worth seeing what others do." Mr. Aizawa commented.

Then it was the girl who made Deku/Midoriya flustered against the boy with the tail. The boy finished in 5.49 seconds with the girl right behind him at 7.15 seconds.

Next it was the alien girl against some cocky guy with a belt.

"Everyone you're not being creative enough." He said. "I'll show you what it's like..."

"Get set..." the Robot thing said.

He jumped up and shot a laser from the belt. "...to be allowed to use your Quirk!" He was doing good at the beginning but fell halfway through, letting the alien girl pass him. He jumped up and shot again though.

"5.51 seconds." The robot thing announced.

"If I shoot for more than a second, I get a stomachache." He said, almost proudly.

"What the heck?" Sero, Kaminari, and Kirishima chorused.

Now it's Katsuki and Deku/Midoriya (I'll ask him during lunch ok?!). Brother used explosive speed and rapidly shot explosions from his hands while aiming behind him. "4.13 seconds!" The other guy just ran. "7.02 seconds."

Katsuki walked up to me with his hands smoking saying "When I use both hands, the force disperses..." He glared at his opponent who was gasping for air but looking very determined.

Now it's me against the one with the big lips. He downed a capsule full of white powder while I embraced a new Quirk.

"On your mark..."

I breathed deep.

"Get set..."

Just plow through.

"Go!"

I activated the new Quirk, using fire from my left side to propel myself forward like a rocket.

"4.02 seconds."

I quickly forced the Quirk out of my system and pat out any leftover flames.

"I wonder whose Quirk that is?" I said, as Katsuki walked up. "With so many strong Quirks in one place I have A hard time telling what belongs to who."

"I'm betting on the guy who looks like he swallowed a lemon." Katsuki said, nodding at someone over my shoulder.

It was that boy from the classroom, the one who asked if my cane banging was necessary. Half his hair was red and the other half was white. His left eye was surrounded by a burn and was blue while his right eye was grey. He was scowling in my direction and I felt a pang of guilt. I walked up to him and bowed.

"I apologize. I should have asked before borrowing your Quirk." I said sincerely. "You obviously don't find what I did amusing and now I feel bad. I am sorry."

He sighed. "It's fine. But don't do it again." I straightened up l, taking my eye bandages out of my pocket and said "I'm Kai, by the way. Kai Bakugo."

"Shoto Todoroki."

🙆🙋🏾‍♀️🙆‍♂️🙋🏼🙋‍♂️🧏‍♀️🧏🧏‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦🤦‍♂️

🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♂️Test 2: Grip strength 🤷

"Hi, I'm Kai Bakugo." I said, sticking my hand out to the six-armed guy. "What's your name?"