11-V-aliant

We made our way into the main building where Norman- or William Minerva's- office resides. Emma knocked on the barren oaken double door that I saw just the night before. In just a few moments, someone opened the door, however it was not the platinum-haired person we were looking for. Instead, the man who stood before us is a tad bit taller than Norman, with barely any hair atop of his head. He looked very familiar. I backed a few steps instinctively, despite the friendly smile, his gaze looked quite intimidating and stern. 

"Is the boss inside?" Emma asked the man without any doubt. 

"I'm afraid he just left for some urgent matter." He explained but welcomed us inside nonetheless. We were greeted by a group of oddly-poised two others, who sat down in a very inappropriate manner. Wh-Who exactly are these people? One is a girl with wavy long brown hair, with a bit of pink streaks, tied in a high ponytail, very beautiful and mature looking. The other was a male who seemed to be as old as the girl earlier, he had a very strong build, but with a reassuring smile plastered on his face. The girl, particularly, was seated on Norman's desk while eating something meaty directly from its bone. 

"Oh, do you know when he would return?" Ray broke off the eerie silence. 

"That, I'm not sure of, however chances are he'll be back by this evening." The man with the intimidating stare answered. 

"I see, well we can always return later then." Ray nodded preparing to leave. The girl kept giving me burning stares. 

"Why the hurry? Stay, have a seat while you're here." The strong built man chimed in while patting on the seats around him. The three of us looked at each other before making ourselves seated.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Vincent and these two are Cislo and Barbara." The man who greeted us at the door introduced himself.  Ah, I remembered! He's the man from the infirmary! The one who treated Chris and Dominic. 

"Oh I'm Emma and this is _______ and Ray." We nodded as a greeting once Emma called our names. 

"Thank you for helping us with Chris and Dominic in the infirmary a few days ago!" I immediately bowed in gratefulness at him. The girl, Barbara, glanced at us from head-to-toe a few times until she seemingly felt satisfied about it. 

"So you're all pampered escapees from Grace Field hm?" Cislo, the other guy, suddenly said.

"We are." Emma sounded a little unsure in return. 

"Hah, we're actually escapees too, get it? And we are actually more amazing!" He immediately replied. Amazing? 

"Of course, after all we destroyed a lot of farms already, saving thousands. We are way stronger than all of you are." Barbara snickered. Is-Is this discussion seriously debating over who the strongest are? I smiled nervously at their pestering. 

"I apologize for their attitude, they're always like this. But, please go along with it." Vincent cleared his throat paying no heed to the probing the other two did. Ray let out a chuckle beside me, 

"Wow, that's amazing, you're crazy good. We could never pull that off, I'm impressed." Ray stated, with a bit of playfulness in his tone despite the placid expression he had on his face. Emma and I looked at their smug face, they actually bought that. 

"Well, we can always return later once the boss has returned." I told them as I was feeling gradually uncomfortable. 

"Ah right, that's what we want to know about." Barbara said pointing at us with her food. "Yeah tell us more about him." Cislo cuts in. 

"Him?" Ray asked for clarity. 

"Minerva? James? Or what you guys call him as, Norman." Barbara and Cislo sheepishly leaned in to us with a face full of admiration. Their sudden change in attitude actually astonished me, they really do like Norman, don't they?