Chapter 3 Pranking Main Street

As soon as they reached the edge of Whoville, Grinch giggled under his breath as he took bouncing tip-toe steps down the sidewalk. Christine and Max simply followed behind. It was obvious that he had plenty of pranks up his sleeves for the day, and who was she to deny his right to have a little fun? Besides, somebody needs to make sure that a certain someone doesn't take his pranks too far.  He found a three-seated bicycle parked by the sidewalk and got an idea. Snickering to himself  he crouched down by the bike and fiddled with some of the screws, covered by the long sleeves of his cloak. Christine was on the lookout, making sure nobody saw what he was doing. As soon as he stood up three Whos came out of a shop, piled their packages in the baskets on the bike, and wished the two a merry Christmas. 

“ Oh yeah, you bet, Ho, ho ho, and...stuff".The bicyclers didn't get far before their bike fell apart, causing them, and their gifts, to fall into the snow. "Oh my! Someone has vandalized that vehicle!" Grinch exclaimed softly. Christine clasped her hands behind her and stood beside him, looking as innocent as possible . "You see Chris? The city is a dangerous place!" He states walking away. "I hope their presents are okay" she mumbled. Unlike her friend she was a caring person? Who? Whatever she is.

 After a while of terrorizing any Whos, who were unfortunate enough to be near the two, the pair walked down main street. While strolling along he felt something warm pressing against him. Whipping his masked face he saw Christine glued to his side. Her eyes scanned every direction, occasionally flinching at passers by that got too close. He didn't know why she was suddenly so tense. Everything was fine. The atmosphere was as nauseatingly cheerful as always.  But the more he thought about it he came to the conclusion that her being in town was probably bringing back some unpleasant memories. He looked around and spotted a car that just stopped at a light and an idea hatched. " Hey, miss clingy". He stopped and grabbed her shoulders." Wanna have some fun?". She snapped her attention to him, skeptical. "I'm not sure, I-".

" Trust me you're going to thank me later, now come on ". Grabbing her hand he dragged her along and led them to the back of the car, then crouched down." Get on ".

"What!?". 

"Just do it! ". He grabbed the bottom of the car as she hesitantly climbed up his back. When the light changed the car jerked forward causing her to yelp and hold tight. It took a few seconds, but she started to ease up and started laughing . Max barked at the two and ran after them to keep up while others stopped and stared at the bazaar act. Turning, Grinch saw his friend's face and sarcastically rolled his eyes. The car dragged them for a few blocks before he got bored and decided to let go, forcing a now beaming Christine to hop off. " see, I told you, you would be thanking me! " he stated ." yes, thank you" she chuckles.

" whatever" 

The Grinch hated Christmas, 

The whole Christmas season. 

Now, please, don't ask why, 

No-one, save for his partner, quite knows the reason. 

The police chief, Officer Wholihan, passed them by and tipped his hat with a smile. "Top of the day," Grinch greeted. Once the officer passed, he muttered under his breath, "Flatfoot." Christine rolled her eyes, but said nothing. "Hey, kids! Here's a present for ya! Be sure to run real fast with it!". She turned in time to see him talking to two Who children, one of which was holding a hacksaw. They took off down the sidewalk laughing. “BE CAREFUL NOT TO HURT YOURSELVES! " She yelled as they ran off with the sharp object. Then the thought hit her. "Wait. Grinch. Where did you get that?".