Chapter 4 Post office scandal

The Whoville post-office, the most chaotic place during the Christmas season. Lou, the postmaster of whoville was running all over the mailroom, whos at the front desk all crowded around demanding that their gifts be delivered as fast as who possible. Cindy, accompaning her father who was sliding across who mailboxes, asked about the incident that happened earlier today.

" But dad. I just don't understand something. Why won't anyone talk about the Grinch or Ghost? "

"You kids and the Ghost and Grinch! " Lou exclaimed as he filled mailboxes. " You see, Cindy, the Grinch and Ghost are Whos' who always. Actually, their not actually Whos'; Their-their more of a - "

" a what? ".

" exactly honey " her father added as he zipped past Cindy. " And they are What's, who don't like Christmas ". As Lou continued to explain who or what the Ghost and Grinch were, he pointed over to an empty mailbox covered in green and white cobwebs "take a look at their mailbox sweetie, not a single Christmas card in or out. Ever". Cindy looked closely at the eyesore box. "why ?". Not having an appropriate answer to the girl's question the father simply put on a fake smile and shrugged. Now a bigger crowd than before, whos began pounding on the front desk. Seeing this, Lou had a worried look then pushed his ladder to the front.

"I'll be right there! "

In the back room, without any complications, Christine, Max, and Grinch managed to sneak inside the Whoville post mailroom. There the Grinch had a plan to make things a little more interesting for the residents of Whoville. "Hehehehe. It's going to take them YEARS to figure this out!" he laughed as he held some mail. On the other side of the room Christine inspected the hand full of mail in her hand.

"What should I do with these? I've got several Jury Duties, a blackmail, a chain letter, and a pink slip."

"Give them to me."

She handed him the mail. He gleefully jogged back. "Jury duty, jury duty, jury duty, blackmail, pink slip, jury duty, chain letter, and jury duty!". He tossed the mail into random boxes. Just as Christine was about to ask about the Mayor's mail, the doorknob began to turn.

"Quick hide !"

She dove behind some boxes while he grabbed Max and climbed to the corner of the ceiling.The knob the the glass mailroom door opened, revealing a cindy with a handful of mail, her father had asked for his daughter's help while he was overwhelmed with gifts and letters.The curious cat peeked from behind the boxes, there she saw a cute little girl. Her blonde hair was styled in a tower on top of her head with various braids and curls jutting out. She wore a pale pink coat and a red bow in her hair. The feline smiled at how cute the little girl looked, She loved children. While the child looked around she heard a noise behind her. On the floor lay a latex mask, which apparently Grinch had dropped by accident. 'Crap! ' Christine shouted mentally. She glared daggers at her friend who made a face.

" whoopsie ! " he mouthed.

The little girl turned and picked up the mask. Shrugging, she turned towards the door. Just as she was about to leave, Max gave a little sneeze. "Guzuntight." Grinch muttered, then wide-eyed as he realized his mistake. " Grinch !". Christine scolded, covering her mouth she also realized her mistake. The little girl turned, saw the Grinch and screamed. Grinch, startled also screamed, which startled Christine who stood up and ALSO screamed.Grinch jumped from the ceiling and landed in front of the girl.

"Y-your the, the, the-"

" the, the, the, THE GRINCH!"

The girl shrieked and turned, only to see Christine was behind her standing without her cloak. "Hi." she said, giving the child a nervous wave. The girl screamed again. "Y-your The, the, the G-ghost?!" Cindy stammered as she stepped back then fell into the sorting machine. "OH DEAR SEUSS, I'M COMING!" Christine frantic yelled, rushing to help.

"Leave her, Let's go." Grinch ordered as he turned. Before he could leave however, Max bit him on his backside. His master whipped around to see the canine "THAT IS NOT A CHEW TOY!" he yelled, "STOP IT MAX! GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT'S BEEN!" He tried to shake Max off but the dogs jaws were locked. Cindy let out a loud scream as she sunk further into the machine.

"HELP! PLEASE, HELP ME!"

The sorting machine made a high pitched noise, which annoyed Grinch even further. "Damn it, Grinch, help me out here!" Christine held the girl by the ankles. She pulled used all her strength but to no avail. " GRINCH! I NEED YOU, PLEASE!". She shouted, sounding more frantic as she was being pulled down with the girl. Her partner groaned trying to not look , but he found himself unable to resist the piercing blue irises burning into his skull. Growling he caved.

"Bleeding hearts of the world, unite!"

Grabbing hold of Christine's waist he hoisted the girls up and pulled them out. Setting Cindy upside again he snatched the mask from her. "Give me that! Don't ya know you shouldn't take things that don't belong to you?!".The green furry being spat, towering and intimidating the small who . " WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF ANIMAL! HUH!". the girl shook her head fearfully.

" Hey, lay off will ya. She's just a kid!" Christine scolded, slapping the back of Grinch's head. He held the back of his head. " Will you stop that". He stompted to the door " Now lets go!". Turning back Christine waved goodbye as she followed him out. " come maxie ". The dog gave a small sneeze and trotted over. Just as the two were heading out, the girl smiled.

"Thanks for saving me!"

At hearing this, Grinch stopped short. They both looked back. Christine smiled. " your welcome dea-" she was suddenly cut off by a hand placed over her mouth. She glared, but chose to not do anything to protest." SAVED you.. is that what you think we were doing?" Grinch sneered. Cindy nodded. He grimaced.

"Wrong-o.....We simply noted that you weren't properly packaged, my dear!"

Grabbing a bunch of red wrapping paper he began wrapping the girls head. "Hold still!.. Chris, pick out a bow". Christine choose a gold colored bow and as she tied it, he held the girl still. Once done the two stepped back."there! NOW, we can leave!" Grinch announced, making his way out of the room. Before walking out the door, Christine stopped to look at the girl. She felt bad leaving her like this.

"Come on Chris, let's go!"

Shaking her head she left with Max following close behind her. As they left, Christine could hear the little girl calling out.

"Hello? HELLO!?"

Looking for cindy, lou peered his head into the mailroom. " cindy?". scanning the room he saw cindy wrapped in red wrapping paper. "dad! daddy!". the girl called and she hopped in place. Marveled, Lou ran and began pulling away the paper. "what the hey? Cindy?-" ripping away the wrappings from her face.

" Dad! it was amazing!"

" you've been practicing your Christmas wrapping! Honey I am so proud of you! now that's holiday!"

Cindy stood perplexed.

Sweet little Cindy didn't know what to do.
In her head, bum-tumbled a conflict or two.
If the Ghost and Grinch were so bad, then why did they save me?
Maybe they weren't so bad. Maybe. Just maybe