Chapter 4

Interruptions must have become the new trend because at that moment, three more people decided to appear behind Reina. She didn't jump nor flinch, having heard their footprints and muffled voices a few minutes prior.

The first, and quite obviously the youngest of the three males stood at around 160 centimetres, his wild, black hair, which seemed to be styled upwards added around 10 centimetres to his height although Reina noticed a small tuft of his hair was bleached a dirty blond which fell over his forehead, contrasting with his dark brown, lively eyes. Those same eyes, upon landing on Reina, drifted over her curved figure before pausing at her breasts, a reaction similar to that of the buzz-cut male that stood behind her which Reina was almost certain the latter's eyes were staring just below her tailbone.

Reina then turned her attention to the other two males which, unlike the two-tone haired male, the other men had graduated from school quite a while ago. The younger of the two graduates was short in stature, with messy black hair and spectacles covering his brown eyes. He wore a green track jacket over a white shirt with a black tie completing his look.

In between the two men stood what Reina assumed to be the coach of the Volleyball team. Blond hair sat atop his head, a thin head-band wrapped around the ends of his hair to keep the dyed hair in place. He wore a red track jacket that had a single yellow stripe running down the arms on both sides, with two piercings situated in his left ear.

"Ukai-sensei, my name is Sato Ran, and I was applying for the manager position on the team." Reina introduced with a bow aimed toward the tallest male which was situated between the second year and faculty advisor.

"A new manager eh? What happened to Kiyoko-san?" The fake blond asked, blinking with wide, surprised eyes at the news.

"Apparently she moved to Australia with her parents. She said her father got a better job opportunity over there." The response came from the third year with dark, short hair that was previously talking with Sugawara and the other third year that had his hair tied into a tight bun.

"Alright then. Do you have any volleyball experience?" The coach directed his question toward Reina who responded with a nod of affirmation. "Really? That's a first. What position did you play?"

"I dabbled, from spiker to libero, depending on who was on my team." She replied, remembering the times her and Tooru used to play, sometimes joined by Hajime Iwaizumi who was the wing spiker for his team in Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High. "Although I usually played setter in official games."

"An all-rounder huh? I'll have to see you play sometime." And with that, the Coach began to order the other members around.

"So is she our new manager, Coach?"

"Do you see anyone else volunteering for the position?" He asked in return, earning a small 'no' in reply to which the Coach raised his brow challengingly before instructing the team to begin practice with their serves.

As Reina handed out the hydrating bottles to the small crowd of sweating boys, Sugawara and the dark, short haired male approached her.

"Sawamura Daichi, captain of the team. Nice to meet you-?"

"Sato Ran and the pleasure is all mine, Sawamura-san." Reina said, bowing at a forty-five-degree angle as a form of respect making the male chuckle.

"There's no need for honorifics, call me Daichi."

"Then please, call me Ran." Reina replied just as sweetly, sticking to her somewhat shy yet slightly seductive persona she had created.

With a small grin, Daichi turned back to his teammates who were currently taking a break. Thinking their captain was going to tell them off for slacking off, they quickly raced over to where the volleyballs were kept and began to pass to one another.

"Guys, come and meet our new manager!"

The males all let the volleyball drop to the floor and made their way, rather quickly, over to where Reina, Daichi and Sugawara all stood.

"Sato Ran, but please, just call me Ran." She introduced herself yet again, bowing once again at a forty-five-degree angle. The team then began to introduce themselves in the order in which they were numbered, saying their position as they went.

"Wing Spiker and Defensive specialist." Daichi said, not needing to state his name as he had already introduced himself previously.

"Vice-captain and Setter, although now I'm usually subbed in as a Pinch Server." Sugawara stated with the same gentle smile plastered on his face.

"Azumane Asahi, Wing Spiker and Ace of Karasuno, nice to meet you." The third year with his hair tied in a bun introduced timidly to which Reina gave him a reassuring smile.

"Nishinoya Yuu!" The energetic two-tone haired second year exclaimed, jumping high into the air as he did so. "Karasuno's Libero at your service."

"Tanaka Ryuunosuke! Wing Spiker. Now, how 'bout you and I go out for a nice dinner tonight-"

The buzz-cut male was cut off by the captain, Daichi, backhanding the second year causing him to yelp and glare angrily at his captain.

"Ennoshita Chikara, Wing Spiker." A second year with medium-length brown hair which was parted near the middle introduced. His eyes were slightly downcast giving him an almost sleepy look.

"Kinoshita Hisashi, Wing Spiker and Pinch Server." A fourth second year introduced. He had short, spiky light brown hair which contrasted with his large yet narrowed dark brown eyes giving him a look of determination.

"Narita Kazuhito, Middle Blocker." The fifth, and last of the second years introduced. Narita, much like Tanaka, had a buzz cut hairstyle, yet Narita's was much darker and didn't have a widow's peak.

Now, began the first year's introductions.

"Kageyama Tobia, Setter." The tall, midnight black cropped haired male introduced, bowing slightly before returning to his position in the semi-circle they unknowingly stood in.

"Hinata Shoyo! Middle Blocker!" The bright orange haired male exclaimed, his eyes, and actions, showing his hyperactive personality.

"Tsukkishima Kei, Middle Blocker." The tallest of the first years-and even the whole team- introduced unabashedly, trying, and failing to give off an aura of superiority, taking full advantage of his height.

"Y-Yamaguchi Tadashi, Middle Blocker and Pinch Server." The greyish-green haired male introduced timidly, much like the Ace of Karasuno did, however, it was obvious the first year was more nervous than the rest.