Chapter 5

Reina sighed softly to herself as she helped the team pack away after the day's practice, reminiscing in the memories of her and Tooru cleaning up the gymnasium in Junior High after their own volleyball practices.

"Sato-senpai?"

A soft yet authoritative voice brought her out of her thoughts. Reina blinked a few times to clear the haze from ehr mind before turning her attention to the first year Setter that had called her name-well her alias' name anyway.

"Ran is just fine. What was it you needed, Kageyama-kun?"

"Are you alright?"

This question took Reina by surprise, making her sorrow her brows, feigning confusion. Of course she wasn't alright but that wasn't what anyone needed to know.

"I'm perfectly fine, why?"

"N-no reason, it's just you seem... distant." Kageyama wasn't sure why he was even talking to the new manager but nonetheless, he had to continue the conversation, otherwise it would be extremely awkward and embarrassing if he just ran away.

"Oh, yes well, I was just thinking about an old friend of mine. I haven't seen him in many years but I worry about him."

Reina wasn't sure why she was actually answering truthfully in the first place. She could have easily made up a lie on the spot, however, telling the truth seemed to be easier, and what harm could be done? She wasn't using names nor was she making it obvious as to who she, or Tooru for that matter, was.

"I-I hope you see him soon than."

And with those words, Tobio Kageyama took off, not as fast as Hinata, but quick enough that she was left alone in the gymnasium, lights flickering off and the Setter's receding footsteps disappearing.

"I hope to see him again too."

(A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted to add something about Reina interacting with someone other then Sugawara, and who better than the King of the Court himself?)