Chapter 11

Reina's eyes flicked up, assessing her situation, looking for all the possible exits.

She found two.

The first was the riskier of the two, entailing having to simply run out the gymnasium doors. Of course, that sounded easy but, with Tooru Oikawa next to her and most of his team, including Hajime Iwaizumi near those doors, her chance to escape seemed to dim. Those boys, even with her speed and agility, could quite easily grab her before she made it out those doors.

The second option however, tested her agility and flexibility. It forced Reina to swing herself up to the beams on the roof, before having to clamber out of the semi-opened window. It was the option that made sure Reina would leave without causing a kerfuffle as she knew no one else in that gymnasium had the same levels of flexibility nor upper body strength to pull it off.

So, with that in mind, Reina quickly stood up, running in the direction of the balcony's bars with the intention to swing herself up and to the roof of the gymnasium.

"Reina!"

The raveonette froze, mid step. The sheer grief and heavy emotion in Tooru's voice made her falter in her escape. That small bit of hesitation cost her greatly. She gazed lovingly into his eyes yet caught a small white blur in her peripheral vision causing her to duck quickly. She was grateful for her reflexes which had been ingrained into her mind, ducking quickly as she stuck her leg out in the unknown personnel's direction swiftly knocking them over with. With her eyes, she sent a silent apology to Hajime, whom she had knocked over, before racing and continuing with her not-so well thought out plan.

Once she was well away from the school grounds, Reina allowed herself to rest in a darkened alley, slumping against the wall as the adrenaline left her system. She was now aware of her pounding headache and open wound which had been previously numbed by the endorphins running through her body. Reina winced in pain, clutching at the nape of her neck, feeling her blood trickle through her fingers and down her back in a steady stream. If she didn't close the wound soon, she was sure to die of blood loss. Yet, if it didn't get the proper medical attention, she had a high probability of getting an infection and dying shortly after. This left her with little to now choice.

She needed to purchase a first aid kit. And soon.