Chapter 6

Reina's first week passed relatively quickly, similar to her first day although the difference was the fact that there was no need to introduce herself.

A problem she had faced within the first few days was the fact that due to sleeping in an abandoned alleyway, there was no shower nor a washing machine to clean her clothes so, when she found a house that had no occupants, she hurriedly used their shower and laundry room before they came home. Usually, she used their laundry room every Saturday and showered early in the morning before the school day started, when the occupants-who she found to be a single man in his late 40's. Fortunately for her, the man worked night shifts from Monday to Friday as well as a day shift on Saturday. The perfect times, really.

It was on her seventeenth day as the Men's Volleyball team manager when the faculty advisor, Takeda Ittetsu, burst through the doors, a piece of paper clutches tightly in his hand as he learnt against the wall to catch his breath.

"I-I've got it! A p-practice match!" He exclaimed, panting heavily.

This exclamation for the team's attention, their practice game momentarily forgotten, the yellow and blue striped volleyball bouncing twice before rolling away until it hit the left wall where it came to a complete stop.

"A practice match? Against who?" Coach Ukai questioned, walking over to the bespectacled messy-haired male.

"Aoba Johsai."

This response received a small groan of annoyance from the raven-haired Setter. However, Reina was internally jumping for joy.

Finally, finally, she would see her Tooru again.

"A-Aoba Johsai? That's the private school in Miyagi, isn't it?" Reina asked feigning ignorance.

This action made the others turn to her.

"The very one." Daichi replied.

"What's so bad about them?" She asked, slightly confused by their reactions.

What was wrong with Tooru's Volleyball team?

"The last time we played them, their captain came late but, as soon as he came on, they thrashed us."

"Let's not forget that this time we have our amazing Ace and Libero, plus we've all improved since that day." Daichi butted in before the team spirits were crushed.

"Last time they forced Kageyama to stay on the court the entire time." Hinata interrupted, not in the slightest upset by the news of what team they were versing.

"A-about that, the condition still stands. Their captain was adamant about that." Takeda said, causing the first year to groan yet again.

So it seemed Tooru has a rival. Reina thought to herself with a soft smile playing at her lips.

Her Tooru was growing up- well, maybe not that much.

"Ran? Do you think you can make it? It's in three days, on Saturday at 6 am." The question came from Sugawara who stood in front of her holding out a form.

"I'll meet you guys there, I have an errand to run before I do get there." Reina replied, taking the form from Sugawara's hands.

Obviously Reina never did get her parents or guardian to sign the form seeing as she never had one to begin with, well she did however, she wasn't going to dig up her parent's dead bodies. That left her to forge a signature, which unsurprisingly wasn't that hard.