Chapter 22

Mom was shuffling around the living room, placing dinner on the coffee table and was about to holler for me but stopped when she noticed me standing near the couch. She motioned towards the couch and I quietly sat down, trying not to rip my hair out with how anxious I was getting.

I settled on pinching the back of my hand instead and bit my lip as I stared at the ground.

"So, what's up kid? Is Raven okay?" Dad asked, curiosity piquing when he saw how nervous I looked.

"Raven's fine. He may or may not have punched a wall and hurt his hand." I said with a grimace at the memory of the blood flowing down his arm.

"I'll go check up on him." Mom stated, getting up but I shook my head in a hurry. I needed to get this conversation done with. 

"I need to talk to you about something. It's kind of important." 

My heart was already on overdrive and I could feel my breath catch. My parents looked at each and then back at me. Pinching my hand as hard as I could, I took a deep breath and was about to start when Raven flopped beside me.

Ah, at-least I had moral support.

"Spit it out Seb." My dad spoke up when I continued to stare at the floor, taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

"I like boys." I blurted out in a hurry and  looked up to the blank faces of my parents.

Oh no. I'm going to get thrown out, aren't I? 

"I know its different but I can't help it. I mean I tried liking girls. I bought all these magazines to stop what I was feeling but it didn't work. Its not that girls aren't pretty. They are. Like Beyonce. Beyonce is hot but she still does nothing for me." I rambled and when I did not get a response, the word vomit started again.

"Oh god, you're going to disown me, aren't you. That's what's going to happen. Or you'll send me to some conversion camp. And if I don't go, I'll be joining that drunk man who sleeps on the bench in the park. I don't think he'll let me sleep there though. He seems very territorial. So I'll have to find some other place.."

My dad started to laugh. He was clutching his stomach as he laughed out loud, tears forming in his eyes.

"Wow." He said as he failed to catch his breath. He turned to face mom who also looked like she was constipated and sighed.

"I'm sorry. I really tried to scare him a little. I really did but he just kept talking and talking and I couldn't."

Raven was also chuckling at my confused state. 

"What?" I choked out and mom started to grin.

"We know, hon. We have actually known for a while now." Mom said softly as she smacked my dad for ruining their 'surprise'. 

"Wait, how?" 

"If you were trying to keep it a secret, maybe you should be more aware of where you are." Dad guffawed, and mom smacked him again when she caught sight of my distraught face.

"What he meant to say is, maybe you should wait  for a few minutes before you start making out on the couch. We were literally gone a few seconds when your dad realized that he forgot his wallet. So imagine our surprise when we found the both of you bunny humping on the couch. We were scarred." Mom chortled and I could feel my body burn in shame.

Would it be okay to actually run at this point?

"Oh God." 

I buried my face into my palm wanting to die at that point.

"Also use protection. I know you both are guys but still."

I cut my mom off with another pained moan. I did not want to have this conversation. 

"Are you fine with us dating?" Raven spoke up, his face cherry red as well. 

"Yeah! You guys are adorable together! I even have a photo of the both of you cuddling in the back seat of the car!" Mom gushed and dad silently agreed.

"I asked her not to take the photo but she insisted that we took them so that we could give them to you as a surprise."

Dad kept chattering and I took this time to tug at Raven's arm. He smiled at me, still embarrassed but I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest. 

"That went great, didn't it?" He whispered and I had to agree. It really did go well.