Chapter 24 (Part 1)

I was nervously biting my nails as I glanced at the clock. I had planned a date for us, one that was very cliche. Raven was always talking about visiting the art exhibition that was being held nearby and since it was supposedly a big event, the tickets were a bit on the pricey side. I still got two tickets though, after waiting for possibly two hours on the website and rushing like a madman when it was finally out. And then there was the plan I had for what to do after. 

The event was about an hour's drive away and the moment the bell rang, I was out the door, nearly running to Raven's class to drag him out. I passed by Liam on the way, who joined me, talking animatedly about what I could wear for the date. 

The major surprise I had received a few weeks ago, days after coming out to my parents was that the trio knew about us dating. It made me come to the understanding that Raven and I sucked at keeping our now 'not so' subtle relationship a secret. That and we majorly sucked at keeping our hands to ourselves when others were around, particularly close friends. 

When asked about how they knew, the stories they had were a freaking nightmare for Raven and I. I was still embarrassed at how it went about.

Leah found out in a very subtle way. She began to pick up on our body language when we were together, not to mention the whole 'Mia' fiasco which pretty much outed me. She said that at first, it was just how our touches suddenly became much more free than before or how I would look at Raven when I was singing cheesy, romantic songs at karaoke. But what confirmed her doubts was Raven kissing my forehead when I had fallen asleep on his lap during lunch. The trio were late due to a class meeting and when she saw that, she took it upon herself to prevent Mark and Liam from viewing it. She moaned about some cramp as loudly as she could and that had alerted Raven to stop. 

Liam then laughed and started on how cringey we were sometimes without realizing it. His story was even better. 

We had been on one of our many sleepovers and it was about five in the morning when Raven had woken me up by accidentally stepping on my abdomen. He had muttered a sorry and all but ran to the washroom, which probably woke him up in the first place. My groans of pain probably woke Liam up but I hadn't noticed. I was in the kitchen when Raven returned, rushing to my side. He kept muttering a sorry as he checked for any bruise he might have left on my body and when he saw a tiny blueish mark on my abdomen, he kissed around the mark, making me giggle at the contact. 

Unknown to us, Liam had witnessed the whole thing. 

"I just came out for some water, man" He said and when he continued,to my horror, that was not all he had seen. So after he decided to maybe sneak back into the room, he had heard me speak.

"Raven, someone could wake up and see us." 

"No one is awake, Seb. We would have heard something if they were up." Raven said, amused at how I was turning a brilliant shade of red at his kisses. He let go of me when I yawned and in my sleepy haze, I kept telling Raven that I loved him. Liam had pretended to be asleep when we were back and I had whispered one more "I love you" before I fell asleep, clutching onto Raven like he was my lifeline.

I had poked Raven's ribs after that and his laughter turned into a pained sigh. 

But the worst was yet to come. Mark whined at how the both of them had gotten some cute scenes to witness and how his 'pure mind' had been tainted. I had not wanted to listen further after that but after Leah kept prodding,I kept my mouth shut.

He had gotten to know very recently, after one of my swimming practices. We were in the locker room and I had just gotten out of the shower, dressed in nothing but a towel. It was pretty late and everyone had gone home, or at least I thought that they had. We were apparently making out when Mark had walked in. Thankfully, he had the mind to walk out immediately as well or he would have witnessed worse. 

Jumping off the terrace did not seem like a bad idea after that.