Chapter 1

Mei's P.O.V

Hi, my name is Meisha Arinda, you can call me Mei. I'm 18 years old. I'm from Indonesia. Last week I had graduated from senior high school. Surprisingly enough that I got a scholarship from Tokyo University in Japan. My dad graduate from that University. That's why he advised me to take a scholarship there. If you think that I got this chance because of my dad, you are all wrong. I'm smart enough to take one, but I don't serious about this. That's why I said, it surprisingly enough that I got it.

"Mei, get ready. Tomorrow we will go to my friend house in Tokyo" Dad said.

"Hm..ok," I said.

My dad is so strict. I can't say no to him. I'm not close with my parents. Maybe this is a chance that I can live alone far from them. I prepare clothes only for 2 days. We will go so early in the morning so I decided not to play the game with my friend that night. Usually, we play till midnight to do events or daily quest together in-game.

In the morning,

"Mei.. wake up." I heard my mom called me.

"Yes, Mom. I'm coming." I said. I closed the door of my room, then come to the dining room for breakfast together. At that time, my two brothers did not wake up yet. That morning feels so fast.

Touchdown at Narita,

"Hi Bro, long time no see!"

There is a man as old as my father come to us. I guess this person is dad's friend. His English is really good. I look at his friend. Hmm.. He has a friend that he can smile like that, I thought. Dad always look so serious, so I don't know that he can look happy like that.

"..and you must be Mei, right?" He said.

"Yes Sir, nice to meet you," I said.

"Don't be like that. I'm your father's best friend, you can call me Otousan(Father). Can you speak Japanese Mei?"

He is not as serious as I thought. From the start, I think dad's friend will be like him. But now I know, I was wrong.

"Yes, I can," I answered.

He smiled at me.

"Nice then. I have a daughter. You can become her friend. She can understand English but not with speaking. So, it's good if you can Japanese."

I nodded. I just hope that I can have my room for myself. My dad said I have to stay at their house for the early semester.

We arrived at his house.

It's a nice house. Maybe not bad if I live here for a while. I thought.

"Welcome home Papa."

The daughter opened the door. After that she allowed us to come in the house. In the living room, there is a middle old woman, that must be her mother. My dad's friend introduced her family to us.

Hmm.. She only 5 years older than me.

After a little gathering, the parents let me look at which room that I will stay. They asked her daughter to guide me. I carried my bag and follow her to the second floor. She opened the door and let me in.

"Thank you," I said.

I look around the room. Pink!?

"You will stay here for the first semester. My Papa said that" She said.

I nodded. So, I don't have my room for myself. I can't help it. I put my bag and sit down on the floor leaning back to her bed. Sighed while closed my eyes. I'm so tired. I don't know why, but it feels good here. I feel so relax or is it just because I'm too tired?

Hm? What is this sweet fragrance? I opened my eyes and look Her face so close to mine.

"Rikako-san?"

--------------------------------------

Thank you to all of you who read this story. I need some refreshing from my work, that's why I write this story. Feel free to give me critics.