Chapter 17

Get a grip, me!!

Wait! Since when did I could feel like this again? This urge that I felt, in the past 4 years I never felt it. No one in this world knew how happy I am right now. Finally!!! It will work now. I could move on from her.

"Mei."

I backed off as fast as I could.

"I-I'm sorry Rika."

"Sorry for what?" She confused looking at me. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"Ehem... So, we're officially da-dating right?" I didn't want to meet her eye, it's too embarrassing. For the first time in the past 4 years, I could felt it. Damn it! My face feels so hot.

"You can say that."

I glanced at her. She was smiling. My girlfriend was too cute.

"Hey, We have to take a pic together." I was searching for my phone in my bag. Almost forgot that I turned it off. "Can I turn it on Rika?" I pointed to my phone.

She only nodded while smiling. Wow, she already not mad about that phone call. I turned on my phone. Hm? There's a text message from my friend.

'Oii Mei.. Why I can't call you? Did you already hear about that?'

That? What did she mean?

"Who is that?"

Suddenly Rika appeared beside me and looked into my phone.

"Oh.. This is my friend from senior high." I smiled at her "You can call her as my best friend."

"You want to text her back?"

"Not now. It's ok. I'll text her later after our date." I said. I didn't want to destroy our date like before because of the phone called.

After that, we took so many pics together. But, she said I couldn't share that pic on social media. Yeah of course I knew it. She was an idol. I just wanted to save it in my gallery phone.

I looked at our photo. Damn it! I couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy. My girlfriend was super cute.

---

Time went so fast without us noticing. After dinner together, we went home. I dropped onto the bed. I was so tired and happy at the same time. I never thought it will become real.

Ah, that reminds me of the text that I got. I didn't send it back yet. I opened my phone to check it again. What did she mean with 'about that'. What was that?

'Sorry I turned off my phone. Heard about what?' I text her back. Maybe it was not really important. I put my phone on the table beside the bed. Today was the best day ever. I sighed and closed my eyes laying down at the bed.

"..."

"...."

"....."

"......ei"

".......Mei"

I faintly heard Rika's voice. Was it a dream? I was too tired to open my eyes.

I could feel she poked my cheek. I didn't respond to her. Sorry Rika, just let me sleep for a few minutes.

"After took a bath you just sleep like that leave me behind?" She still poked my cheek continuously.

"Thank you, Mei. Thank you for come back to me. I really am happy today." She kissed my cheek. "Love you..."

I opened my eyes. "I love you too sweetie." And winked at her.

She widen her eyes "You're awake after all!!"

When she was ready to punch me, suddenly my phone was ringing. Safe~!

"Ahahhaha wait wait... my phone is calling." I tried to grab my phone and checked it who was calling. "Wait Rika, It's my friend."

She was pouting and laying down beside me. I received the call and put it on my ear beside Rikako, so she could hear it too. Even she didn't understand what will my friend said.

"Oi Mei~"

"Oii... what is it Rin?"

"Did you really not heard it yet?"

"Heard what?"

"Your love that won't reach. ahahaha" She was laughing so hard. For that sentence, she said it in English. Damn it Rin! I glanced to Rika. She only smiled at me.

"What happen to her?"

"Her husband cheated on her. Even worse, she got violence from her husband. Didn't she tell you something about that?"

"What?! Are you serious?" I tried to remember, "Ah, she called me at noon, but she didn't say anything about that. She just said..."

"Said what?"

"Sh-she needs me." I murmured.

"Your school not start yet right? Come back here Mei. Put your feeling aside, she is our friend right? She needs us" I didn't know how to respond that. "She needs you." She added.

I woke up and sat on the bed. Rikako did it too. "Rin, I have a girlfriend. I have to ask her first. I don't want to make her worried or sad." I said it in English so Rika can understand what I said.

"WHAT?!! HOW COULD YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?!"

"Oi oi oi... She just accepted my feeling today."

"Your feeling? Did you seriously moved on from her this time? You're not playing around like always right?" Yeah, Karin was my best friend. She knew anything about me. Of course all about my love life too.

"Oiii... I never playing around with anyone." I grabbed Rika's hand. I kissed it while looked at her eyes. "She is here right now beside me. I'll introduce her to you later." I added.

"You have to tell me everything Mei," I swear I could imagine she was smirking while saying that.

"Of course stupid. Later ok."

"So? You want to come back here or not?" Oh yeah, I still couldn't answer that. "Remember Mei, She is still our friend. We have to help her."

"Hm, I know that. I'll call you later Rin. See ya"

"I'll wait for it."