Original Chapter 8 -Drunk Idiot

When I reached the bar, Ian stopped wiping up liquid from the bar top and looked at me in surprise.

"Where have you been?" He asked. My eyes darted to the brown liquid that had stained the white rag in Ian's hand with its color. Large chunks of what looked like a beer bottle were scattered around the bar top, and as I looked down, I realized they were on the floor too.

"I was taking the beer to Joji, uh, what happened?" I asked quickly, stepping to the side and feeling the crunch of glass under my sneakers. Ian sighed, ducked behind the bar, and passed me a small handheld brush and dustpan.

"Some drunk idiot, I don't know," Ian's voice replied to me as I crouched down to sweep the glass into the dustpan before anyone got hurt. "It took you a pretty long time to just delivery a beer, did ya get lost?" His voice sounded teasing so I laughed.

"No, I did not get lost. We spoke for a bit, no big deal." I rationalized, carefully sweeping several tiny shards of glass into the pan before I stood up to meet Ian's gaze. He nodded to come behind the bar, so I did, and emptied the remains of the bottle into the trash can under the counter. Ian also tossed in several large chunks of glass carefully with two fingers.

"Alright well ---

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The original idea was the the drunk idiot to be Gavin