Original Chapter 27- Niki and Olivia

When Niki saw me, she enveloped me in a hug so tight and warm I wanted to cry. When she pulled back and her eyes caught the bruises on my neck, I did cry. Not out of shame or embarrassment this time, but because Niki had begun to cry and I couldn't handle that. We moved to Joji's room to talk, and the boys all graciously gave us our space. While Niki covered my bruises with her makeup, I told her everything that had happened in the last week.

I didn't let her take blame for leaving me at the club to go home with her male company, although she tried to. I think she still held onto the guilt though, because she still held unshed tears in the rims of her eyes. When I got around to telling her about last night though, her sadness disappeared if only for a little while, and was replaced by joy.

"Roses?" She smiled lightly, bouncing a makeup sponge up my neck and over my jaw. I nodded and pointed to Joji's desk behind her where the bouquet still sat. I need to put them in water. Niki turned her head to look at the roses and when she looked back there was a mischievous glint in her eye.

"They say red roses are a symbol for true love, you know." Niki commented as she squeezed more foundation on to the sponge and applied it to my face. I should have known she would say something along those lines. She always had a thing for teasing me when it came to Joji... but this time I didn't mind so much.

"You really think he would know that? I doubt it." I mumbled as she dabbed foundation around my mouth. She nodded in agreement.

"Okay, you're probably right but still..." When she'd finally finished covering my face, she rummaged through her makeup bag until she found concealer and began dotting that on my face and neck. "So, are you going to be moving in here now?" She asked curiously. I honestly hadn't thought about it, but it was an important subject I would need to address soon. I really didn't have anywhere to go unless I try to get an apartment on my own or look for rooms for rent.

"I don't know." I told her honestly. She stopped blending the concealer under my eyes to pull back and look at me. There was a determined look in her eyes as she stared into mine.

"Move in with me, I have an extra room." Everything about her demeanor was serious, catching me off guard.

"Are you serious?" I asked slowly. Niki's stern face lifted into a genuine smile and she nodded.

"Please? It's the least I can do. I haven't been there for you during any of this and it's killing me." Her hands clasped together between us as she pleaded with me. I didn't think, I just pulled her forward into a hug and smiled against her shoulder.

"Thank you, Niki." I felt her arms envelope me and I was once again reminded of how lucky I am to have met these people.

"Unless, of course, you'd rather keep Joji warm in bed every night." She pulled back to wink with a devilish grin.

"Niki!" I gasped and we fell into a fit of giggles. But, I mean, the idea wasn't half bad.

She finished my makeup soon after and promised to let me thank her by buying her breakfast which she fought but ultimately lost. We went out to breakfast when Chad arrived and announced to the guys that I would be moving into Niki's spare room. Maybe it was just me seeing what I wanted to see, but I thought I disappointment in George's expression at the news. Everyone else was pleased by the decision though, especially Niki. We skipped game night that day so Niki could take me shopping for some essentials instead. I'd packed my things in her car, roses included. I made sure to give Joji one more hug though for everything he'd done for me and promised to see him at work tomorrow night. He'd smiled at me and wished me goodnight as I climbed into Niki's car. The entire way home I was teased but I didn't mind one bit.

Gavin didn't show up to their apartment that day. I had 3 missed calls from him, but nothing after that, not a text or voicemail. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel anything after looking at my phone that night. A very long chapter in my life had ended and it was bittersweet. Actually, probably more sweet than bitter, but I would forever mourn the man I once knew. I think he got the message, but just to make sure, I sent him one last text before blocking his number.

I'm not worthless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally, when Gavin had brought Olivia home from the boys' apartment, he choked her until bruises formed on her neck. After a lot  of debate, I scrapped the abuse and the residual chapters detailing it.