Original Chapter 27 -Movie Theater

"I'm kinda bored of games, to be honest." Chad sighed, blowing smoke out from his nostrils and into the air.

"Yeah. Do you guys want to go somewhere? Bowling again?" Ian asked, eliciting disapproving looks from the room. "Movie?"

"What's playing?" Niki asked, coming back over to sit on the floor and rest her head against my knee. I gave the top of her head a light pat, drawing a bright smile from her. Ian leaned to the side, pulling his phone from his back pocket.

"Uhhh..." He typed on his phone and scrolled some before continuing. "Some superhero shit, some romantic shit, and some horror shit." Ian finished. Max sat up in interest, once again.

"What kind of superhero shit?" He asked eagerly. Ian rolled his eyes.

"The one where a guy saves the universe, I don't know," Ian replied, scrolling through his phone again. "There's a showing in 24 minutes. We going?"

Everyone looked around at each other. Joji also looking up from his phone to glance at me, and I at him.

"Sure."

"I guess."

"What's the fuckin movie?"

"Alright, let's go." Ian stood up from the couch, pocketing his phone and grabbing his keys off the coffee table.

Downstairs, I realized as everyone piled into Ian's car that there weren't enough seats. Niki realized this too while I watched George and Chad climb into the backseat, leaving only 1 spot left.

"I can drive us in my car, it's fine." She said, moving to the passenger side door and knocking on the window. Max rolled the window down and stuck his shaggy head out to look at us.

"What ya waiting for? Get in." He commanded. Niki pushed his head back in, leaning over to make eye contact with Ian in the driver's seat.

"There's not enough room, we'll just take my car and meet you there." She explained to Ian. He looked around her at me and then behind him at the boys in the backseat before turning back to Niki.

"I guess, but you could just sit in someone's lap. It's only 15 minutes away." Ian suggested, pushing his glasses up his nose. Niki stood up, turning to look at me with her arms crossed over her chest. A wicked grin crossed her face.

"That's a great idea, c'mere Nik." Chad chortled, slapping his thighs with his hands. Opting to ignore him, she shuffled over to me, grabbing my arms and shoving me towards the backseat.

"That's okay, I actually have a better idea." She sang, pushing me into the car but when I sat in the seat to the right of Chad, she continued shoving me.

"Ow, what are you doing?" I complained as her clawed hands pushed me up and out of the seat so she could take my place and close the door. I saw in a weird position, half on top of Chad and half sitting on Niki.

"Honestly, this is fine too." Chad grinned as I braced myself against his knee and the back of Max's chair. "God, shut up." Niki groaned, taking my left hand from Chad's knee and moving it to Joji's. "Go sit with George." She instructed, pushing on my ass and causing me to lose my balance, tripping over Chad's legs and falling against the back of Ian's chair. Joji reached out, taking my arm and holding me steady.

"Jesus, you're so aggressive." I glared at Niki, steadying myself with George's help until the car jerked forward abruptly, flinging me into Joji's lap. I ended up with my knee in between his legs, my arms holding me up on the seat beside his head. Both of our faces flushed deep crimson as we looked at each other. Niki and Chad snickering beside us, embarrassing me further.