Dancing Universe

"Happy birthday, Minho!"

"Happy birthday Hyung!"

"Happy birthday!"

Even in the commotion, he could make out her voice very clearly. Crystal clear, a pout evident in her voice. Lee Min Ho smiled, looking directly at her. The entire The King Eternal Monarch cast rushed towards him, engulfing him in hugs and congratulated him.

Kim Go Eun walked towards him a beaming smile on her face, she handed him his present and he reached out his arms, hoping for a hug. Taking the hint, Go Eun walked towards him and gave him a quick hug. Min Ho pulled her towards him, hugging her tightly and rubbing her back a few times before they released each other. A knowing smile playing on their lips.

"Hyung, this will be my first and last birthday celebration with you till 2022." Do Hwan smiled wistfully.

"That's why you should enjoy it more than me!" Min Ho said, pushing him towards the dining table where he set up all the food they requested he order.

Everyone took a seat at the table, Go Eun sat at the opposite end of the table, Min Ho pretended to ensure all his guests had cutleries as he made his way to the empty seat beside Go Eun. He tried to sit down as naturally as he could without any raised eyebrows. He flashed her a dimpled smile and she smacked his hands, making him chuckle.

After a hearty dinner and birthday celebrations with three different cakes, all of them sat in the living room, getting ready to watch the last episode of The King Eternal Monarch. Min Ho sat down in a comfortable position, gazing at Go Eun until she noticed him staring. He patted the empty space beside and nodded his head.

Do Hwan dimmed the lights and all of them took their position as the last episode of their drama started. Min Ho took Go Eun's hands in his, interlocking their fingers. Go Eun could feel the scars on his hands, the scars he got from the accident he got into back in 2006 when he was going on a trip with his friend, Jung Ill Woo. He was in the hospital for a year due to extensive injuries.

He rarely talks about it but Go Eun was aware he would flinch in pain sometimes. Despite years passing, an enormous accident like that not only left scars but pain that comes and goes as well.

Go Eun caressed his scars on his hands with her fingers, smiling up at him before diverting her attention to the huge screen in front of them. Min Ho was taking a break after shooting for TKEM ended while Go Eun was considering a few scripts and busy with her next movie HERO.

She was done with shooting, it was the promotional period where they have to follow a timeline and release teasers, trailers and the cast would have to go on various platforms to promote the movie. Go Eun was glad this year she would not only get to spend some time on her birthday with her loved ones but she met someone whom she really adored and liked. And she got to spend his birthday with him as well.

The King Eternal Monarch came to their lives like a gift. Both of them were highly aware of the other. Min Ho watched all of her movies and dramas, particularly Goblin. While Go Eun too was familiar with his works. She confessed that she was a fan of Kim Tan the day they met for their script reading, making Min Ho laugh.

He saw her at award shows, she always had a pleasant smile and greeted everyone around her. He never mustered up the courage to talk to her but years later, the universe would find a way to let them not only meet but work on a drama for which the shooting lasted for almost nine months.

He remembered meeting her for the first time, she wore a cap with no make-up, a loosely fitted white shirt, and jeans. She had a graceful simplicity about her that made her even more beautiful than she already was.

He tried to strike up a conversation with her and he could see she was trying her best to interact. He said something silly and she smiled, a proper smile. Her nose scrunched a little and her eyes were the shape of crescents. And in her smile, he saw something more beautiful than the stars.

Over time, the more he got to know her, be with her, understand her. The more he grew fond of her. He started missing her during shootings when she was not around or when shootings ended. When he was with her, he never wanted the day to end. There were times he would deliberately make her laugh to cause NGs. Just so he could be with her a moment longer.

It took Min Ho a few months to finally confess to her. She was a friendly person and she got along with everyone. There were times where he felt like the reaction she had towards him was only reserved for him but knowing her personality he felt she was just being friendly. A month before their shooting ended, after pulling an all-nighter, he could not endure keeping it a secret anymore. He confessed to her. He told her everything he kept buried in his heart. Every word, every thought, every moment.

Go Eun and Do Hwan's laughter snapped him out of his thoughts. He took their interlocked hands and kissed the back of her hand before going back to watching the episode.

He wanted to spend some time alone with her as well, but he loved the company of his cast whom he grew extremely close to. He has been a part of several dramas and movies but this cast was special. This project was a gift to him, for he not only found colleagues who became close friends but he also found someone whom he could call his best friend and his significant person.

~~~

All rights reserved Copyright © mikrokosmos713 (previously cityoffandoms-yjn20), 2020.

Do not copy, repost, modify or translate any of my work without permission.

A/N: Thank you for reading. This was inspired by their birthday posts. Hehe, I'll write one for Kim Go Eun's birthday as well. Till then enjoy reading & please do leave comments  😘