If The Whole World Was Watching

There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing throbbing moment. Kim Go Eun finally understood what that meant when she was working on set during The King Eternal Monarch. She loved his dramas, especially The Heirs, confessing to him the moment they met. He entertained her by reciting some of Kim Tan's dialogues as well.

She smiled at the memory of when they officially met for the first time right before the script reading. He was wearing a simple graphic black t-shirt and fitted jeans with no make on. Despite not having make up on, his features were more prominent, especially his sharp and desirable nose. Go Eun unintentionally kept staring at his nose, looking away whenever she caught herself staring.

There was a moment of uncertainty and she did not know whether she should call him sunbaenim or oppa, he most definitely preferred oppa but he did not force her to call him in any way. During their online press conference, he spoke his mind and confessed that even though they have gotten extremely close, he feels a little upset she has not called him oppa as of yet.

But he also stated he wanted Woo Do Hwan to call him hyung so it made her feel less pressured. He noticed she was put on the spot and she was certainly not prepared to call him oppa so he hastily took the mic and the MC moved on.

Just like this, over time, she not only got to know him more but she got to see the goofy and considerate side of him. Sides he rarely showed on camera or to the general public. They instantly became good friends, it felt like she knew him for a long time and their bond only strengthened as time went by. He was the type of friend who put up with her jokes and shenanigans, he was also the type of friend who would goof off, making her roll her eyes and smack him.

Go Eun was amicable so she got along with her cast and crew members, regardless of age and gender extremely well. Even when Min Ho did little heart fluttering gestures like constantly holding her hands even after the director said 'cut' or even when rehearsal is not required, it did not faze Go Eun nor did she think much of it. She just assumed he was being friendly and cordial.

It was during their shooting for the kidnap/rescue scene in episode 11 and 12 where she felt a strange tug at her heartstrings. It was an intense scene where Go Eun was involved in a lot of stunts and extensive emotions.

She blushed at the cast and crew exclaiming and praising her for her acting. Everyone was on set and the scene where she was on the cross roads, she could not hear any sound, even the director did not say 'cut' so she cried. A heart wrenching cry. It took the director a while to say 'cut' as he was too engrossed in the emotions she was portraying. She saw Min Ho and a few of the staff wipe their tears and approach her with smiles on their face.

From that moment onwards, for the entire shoot, Min Ho never left her side. He would run to her if she had to do a shoot by herself but he would constantly check on her, crack jokes to make her laugh or just play with her with the props handed to them. Even after the shoot as they were heading back to their place of rejuvenation, he kept asking her if she was alright and trying to make her feel at ease.

Go Eun was thankful, she could see he was genuinely concerned about her which made her feel warm. This project really came to their lives like a gift, a gift from the universe. Lost in her thoughts, the sound of her door bells brought her back to reality.

She checked the clock, it was 1st July 2020, 11.45pm. She combed her hair one more time before heading to open the door. There he was, wearing a black pullover with a white shirt underneath that was peeking and shorts. Even the mask did not hide his excited eyes and the smile on his face.

He entered and dropped the bags in his hands before engulfing Go Eun in a bone-crushing hug and lifting her off her feet, making her laugh as she hugged him back.