Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset

She excitedly packed her little beach bag, she packed the necessities along with some snacks just in case. Go Eun threw on some jeans and a pullover and a Yankees baseball hat. Simple and casual, just how she liked it with some converse sneakers. She was going on a beach date with Min Ho. Their first beach date.

Most of their dates consisted of car dates where they went on long drives and drives throughs, home dates or late-night movie dates. Go Eun loved going to the beach so she was aware of certain timings, beaches and days when there were rarely any people around. And with COVID-19, they had to wear a mask so it was another precautionary step to not being recognized, though she was a little worried about Min Ho. He was so tall and stood out despite wearing casual clothes and covering up.

He reassured her they will be extra careful and so far the response towards the idea of them dating has been generally positive. With all the reactions, edits and such making rounds on social media platforms. She felt a pang of irritation and pain for Arjenias and Minozs who have been nothing but supportive and wonderful towards them and the drama. But she also knew since they were still early on in their relationship it would be a challenge if they announced it now.

She wanted to explore and strengthen their bond and relationship a little more and she wanted to enjoy it without biasness nor external factors and opinions. Both of them needed to do this for themselves and each other. This was not a mere touch and go relationship nor was it infatuation. This was something more than that, it was beyond that. They felt a strong familiarity and connection with each other.

The type of connection and comfort you dream of your whole life, or the type of love you only see in dramas and movies and you hope it happens to you once in your lifetime. Without hesitation, they introduced each other to their family and started partaking in each other’s family gatherings and such. Their relationship was moving at such an alarmingly fast rate, instead of being scared, both of them were excited where it was taking them.

The doorbell snapped her out of her thoughts and she ran to the door. He was here, clad in simple light washed jeans, oversized white tee and the Yankees baseball hat she gave him as a gift.

A dimpled smile appeared on his handsome face the moment he saw her as he rushed to pull her into his arms. Again, without missing a beat, he engulfed her into a bone-crushing hug, burying his face in the curve of her neck, inhaling her scent. “I missed you.” He sighed.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked as he picked up her beach bag.

“Yeah give me a moment.” Go Eun said, adjusting her hair and putting on her hat, she caught him leaning against the door frame and smirking at her. “What?” She braced herself for another one of his cheesy pick-up lines.

“Hey you come here often?” He asked, raising his eyebrows and smirking flirtatiously.

“No, not anymore.” Go Eun glared at him, making him laugh at his own pick-up line.

They sang various IU songs as they drove to the beach, an impromptu karaoke session for Go Eun. She adored IU, absolutely loved her. She was one of the fans who would stay online just to get a chance at securing tickets for her concerts and so far she has been successful twice. She had been wondering about going to a concert with Min Ho but with COVID-19, she knew it would be a while before concerts resumed but she hoped they could go to an IU concert together.

To her surprise he loved IU’s songs as well, she was impressed he had such refined taste when it came to music. She patted him on the back and said he was proud of him when he told her he loved IU’s songs as well. Probably the top five moments of their relationship.